Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check Your Tire Pressure Lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check Your Tire Pressure Lately?

Or, stated differently, how low is your tire pressure right now?

HEY! I know you’re busy. You’ve got this and that and all the more to do. And on top of that, you’re running late…again!

So, who has time to check air pressure? Besides, those darn valves on your motorcycle tires are a pain in the butt to access! I HATE those things! However, just to be safe, let’s try to remember to check the tire pressure tomorrow….

In the mean time, here are some ways to monitor your tire pressure without becoming inconvenienced by bending over with an air pressure gauge while near an air pump:

1) Visually inspect your tires. If you can see that a tire is only partially deflated you’ll know that you can probably make it through another day.

2) While riding, when you can feel a little bit of “wheel wobble,” slow down so that you are only going a civilized amount of MPH over the speed limit, and make a mental note to put air in the tires one of these days.

3) Wait until someone on the road points to your tires and yells that you need air.

4) Wait until you crash. The tow truck will probably have an air compressor and you can fill the tires while the bike is on its side.

BONUS: Points 1-3 all are reliable ways to result in point 4.

NOTE: The most common cause for tire failure is improper tire pressure — usually pressure that’s too low.

MOTORCYCLE SAFETY TIP: Most motorcycle tire safety experts recommend checking your tire pressure and tread condition at least once a week. Some even advise that every time you take your bike out is not too often. After all, on a bike, unlike a car, only two tires — and little else — separate you from the pavement. Therefore, it’s important to ensure your tires are roadworthy each and every time you ride.

So…when will YOU have time to check your motorcycle tire pressure?
    Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
    Bullock
    Former VRA USA National President
    Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
    Crestview, Florida
    2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
    (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Re: Check Your Tire Pressure Lately?

I checked and filled up my tires about a week ago!!
    Patrick "Hotwheels" Sharon
    President Columbus Vulcan Riders Chapter 1-32
    Columbus, Oh
    National President 2020
    National Vice President 2019
    National Treasurer 2013 - 2015
    VROC Member # 34133
    2014 Vulcan Voyager
    2021 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited

2020 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited
    2009 Vulcan Voyager - Gone
    2002 1500 Mean Streak - Gone
    2007 Vulcan VN2000 Classic LT
    -Gone
    2007 Vulcan VN900 Classic LT - Gone

Columbus Vulcan Riders 1-32 FaceBook group

Comment

Hey ROB, you reading this...... I know but there must be some place close to your place to fill them after the bike cycle pump.... Your VP and buddie...
      Glenn Gale, President 1-26

Comment

Yep, just checked mine and both were low. Noticed the bike "following" road seams.
        2009 Vulcan VN900B Classic - Candy Plasma Blue

Comment

Had tires replaced last week does that count? I ps I love no. 2

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I check the bike every Saturday - easy since it sits next to the air hose reel.

#2 - "Civilized" is 20 mph over or you're road kill in my area.
            Bob Howley "ICE CUBE"
            2007 VN900 CUSTOM
            2020 1700 VOYAGER

Comment

I check all 4 every spring, and every now and then, getting on the ground is not a big promblem, then I have the wife roll the bikes by me, the promblem is getting back up off the ground.
              Glenn Gale, President 1-26

Comment

The guy that assembled my 900 said"check often weekly at the latest especially the front if its low by a coupla pounds it could be squirrly"... Note the air gauge in my avatar...

Comment

Working...
                X