Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Work stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Work stuff

got it printed but printed all four pages...Hey I got it...Thanks
    You only live once, so live life like a kid always
    www.facebook.com/groups/missouribootheelvra/
    https://www.facebook.com/tom.taylor....ref=ts&fref=ts
    http://missouribootheel1-58.weebly.com

Comment

where I worked [some years back now] there was a BIG Bass fishing club.. with all the bragging rights.. so one day "JIM" has to out do every one and picks up on a new "Ranger Bass Boat" all the bells / buzzers / finders / etc. so at the 1st day of bass season he rolls up with the NEW TOY and is 1st down the boat landing.. backs the boat off the trailer and watches it ---- SINK TO THE BOTTOM OF THE LAKE--- all that was above water was the wind screen.. as we all fell down with tears in your eyes.... he looks and then opens a tackle box with the "REAR DRAIN PLUG" setting right on top there. We never let him live that one down.. ever. LOL still..
      Glenn Gale, President 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by ggale View Post
        where I worked [some years back now] there was a BIG Bass fishing club.. with all the bragging rights.. so one day "JIM" has to out do every one and picks up on a new "Ranger Bass Boat" all the bells / buzzers / finders / etc. so at the 1st day of bass season he rolls up with the NEW TOY and is 1st down the boat landing.. backs the boat off the trailer and watches it ---- SINK TO THE BOTTOM OF THE LAKE--- all that was above water was the wind screen.. as we all fell down with tears in your eyes.... he looks and then opens a tackle box with the "REAR DRAIN PLUG" setting right on top there. We never let him live that one down.. ever. LOL still..
        You guys should have been humming the "Gilligans Island" theme song while it sank!!
        sigpic
        Member of VRA Canada
        Member of CMC 075 Huron
        http://vracanada.prophpbb.com/
        http://ride.canadianmotorcyclecruisers.ca/

Comment

Here is mine. As of yesterday, we moved to a new, complicated, attendance system. New policies and procedures and tracking. VERY hands on, and I have to spend a good part of time entering things I do that are not production, or that time will be restricted as "missing from work"......

I'd go into more detail, but we aren't slated to get trained until next week. ..... My boss won't be trained until the end if this week.

Comment

The cart before the horse!
            sigpic
            Member of VRA Canada
            Member of CMC 075 Huron

Comment

Originally posted by Aquar1234 View Post
              100%
              What makes 100%? What does it mean to give more than 100%? Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100%? We have all been to those meetings where someone wants you to give over 100%. How about achieving 103%? What makes up 100% in life?
              To consider these questions mathematically, let use represent the alphabet numerically by identifying sequence of letters (A,B,C,...,X,Y,Z) with the percentages (1%,2%,3%,...,24%,25%,26%).
              Then
              H-A-R-D-W-O-R-K = (8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11)% = 98%
              and
              K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E = (11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5)% = 96%.
              But
              A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E = (1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5)% = 100%
              and
              B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T = (2+21+12+12+19+8+9+20)% = 103%.
              And just look how far ass kissing will take you:
              A-S-S-K-I-S-S-I-N-G = (1+19+19+11+9+19+19+9+14+7) = 118%
              So, one can conclude with mathematical certainty that while hard work or knowledge will get you close to 100%, and attitude will get you there, it's the bullshit and ass kissing that will put you over the top.

Good Stuff!
              Randy - aka racinfan101
              Central IL Chapter 1-39 President
              2024/25 National President

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cent...?ref=bookmarks
              2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

Several years ago, my boss, Justin, and I were installing a new sterilizer in a hospital in NY state. We had removed the old one, and were left with a steam supply line coming down through the ceiling, the power disconnected at a service panel nearby, and a cold water supply line that came through a wall just above floor level into a 1/4-turn ball valve then it went vertical along the wall to about 6'6" high, where it took a 90-degree turn away from the wall and ended in a downward-facing union fitting about 2' from the wall. It looked like a small shower head hanging out there.

I was across the hallway from where this location was, getting out the tools that we were going to need as we moved the new machine into place. Justin made the comment "I'm gonna save us from getting a shower" and reached down with his crescent wrench to take the nut off of the water shutoff valve so he could remove the handle on it, which was sticking out where we could possibly catch it with a foot and turn it on...

You guessed it, he didn't hold the handle. When he turned the wrench, he was expecting resistance, so he gave it a pretty good twist and turned the water on, FULL. Since he was kneeling directly under that showerhead-looking union fitting, he got a full-force cold water deluge before he could get it turned back off.

I was completely worthless for about 5 minutes... I literally had tears streaming down my face - I had to sit down. About the time that I got it back under control I happened to look in the doorway right behind me, and the hospital's maintenance guys were all there, three heads lined up top-to-bottom like the three stooges looking through to see what had happened. (they couldn't walk through, we were in a "scrubs-only" zone and they were in street clothes)

Well, that set me off again. I can't even think of it without laughing out loud; "I'm going to save us from getting a shower"... WHOOSH!!!
                sigpic

Former:
                2002 1500 Vulcan Nomad
                2003 1500 Vulcan carbed Classic
                1987 Yamaha FZR 1000 Genesis
                1979 Honda CB 750
                1978 Honda CB 750
                1980 Harley-Davidson XLH ironhead Sportster

Comment

Then the poor guy has the rest of the day in wet clothes. I have been plumbing for over 26 years and suffered similar soakings!
                  sigpic
                  Member of VRA Canada
                  Member of CMC 075 Huron

Comment

I work for a company that has offices all over the world. A couple of weeks ago my email goes off on my phone about 3:00am. Than it starts lighting up likes it on fire with all the emails. Turns out an employee in China sent a letter to everybody on our server. The subsequent emails were all apologies from corporate all the way down. The original email was in Chinese, so I used Google translate. Turns out a Mr. Wang got a serious beat down about his performance and ultimately got fired. His email was giving "blessings" you might say to the whole organization! It was hilarious.
                    Non Chapter Member

Comment

Originally posted by Big D View Post
                      I work for a company that has offices all over the world. A couple of weeks ago my email goes off on my phone about 3:00am. Than it starts lighting up likes it on fire with all the emails. Turns out an employee in China sent a letter to everybody on our server. The subsequent emails were all apologies from corporate all the way down. The original email was in Chinese, so I used Google translate. Turns out a Mr. Wang got a serious beat down about his performance and ultimately got fired. His email was giving "blessings" you might say to the whole organization! It was hilarious.
                      Reminds me if emails we will get to a large district. Invariably, someone will hit reply all and ask to be removed from the district. Then other people will so the same, then someone will hit reply all to tell everyone to stop hitting reply all.

Comment

Originally posted by LanceKates View Post
                        Reminds me if emails we will get to a large district. Invariably, someone will hit reply all and ask to be removed from the district. Then other people will so the same, then someone will hit reply all to tell everyone to stop hitting reply all.

thats a classic!!!!!!!!
                        Non Chapter Member

Comment

Originally posted by cyberbiker View Post
                          Several years ago, my boss, Justin, and I were installing a new sterilizer in a hospital in NY state. We had removed the old one, and were left with a steam supply line coming down through the ceiling, the power disconnected at a service panel nearby, and a cold water supply line that came through a wall just above floor level into a 1/4-turn ball valve then it went vertical along the wall to about 6'6" high, where it took a 90-degree turn away from the wall and ended in a downward-facing union fitting about 2' from the wall. It looked like a small shower head hanging out there.

I was across the hallway from where this location was, getting out the tools that we were going to need as we moved the new machine into place. Justin made the comment "I'm gonna save us from getting a shower" and reached down with his crescent wrench to take the nut off of the water shutoff valve so he could remove the handle on it, which was sticking out where we could possibly catch it with a foot and turn it on...

You guessed it, he didn't hold the handle. When he turned the wrench, he was expecting resistance, so he gave it a pretty good twist and turned the water on, FULL. Since he was kneeling directly under that showerhead-looking union fitting, he got a full-force cold water deluge before he could get it turned back off.

I was completely worthless for about 5 minutes... I literally had tears streaming down my face - I had to sit down. About the time that I got it back under control I happened to look in the doorway right behind me, and the hospital's maintenance guys were all there, three heads lined up top-to-bottom like the three stooges looking through to see what had happened. (they couldn't walk through, we were in a "scrubs-only" zone and they were in street clothes)

Well, that set me off again. I can't even think of it without laughing out loud; "I'm going to save us from getting a shower"... WHOOSH!!!
                          OH man!!!! Poor Justin!!!! But DANG THAT'S FUNNY RIGHT THERE!!!!!!
                          Patrick "Hotwheels" Sharon
                          President Columbus Vulcan Riders Chapter 1-32
                          Columbus, Oh
                          National President 2020
                          National Vice President 2019
                          National Treasurer 2013 - 2015
                          VROC Member # 34133
                          2014 Vulcan Voyager
                          2021 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited

2020 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited
                          2009 Vulcan Voyager - Gone
                          2002 1500 Mean Streak - Gone
                          2007 Vulcan VN2000 Classic LT
                          -Gone
                          2007 Vulcan VN900 Classic LT - Gone

Columbus Vulcan Riders 1-32 FaceBook group

Comment

Originally posted by Big D View Post
                            HAHAHA!!! Another great one!!! That's just funny. I am guessing the "Blessing" was more like a single finger salute!
                            Columbus, Oh
                            National President 2020
                            VROC Member # 34133
                            2014 Vulcan Voyager

-Gone

Comment

Originally posted by LanceKates View Post
                              Right, I work at a large bank and that happens regularly. What's great is when people start replying all. Then some yahoo will come along and not reply all but start a whole new email saying Remove me but send it to everyone on the original message then you get 20 people saying STOP REPLYING ALL, while replying all!! Sometimes sucks working in a large corporation!!!
                              Columbus, Oh
                              National President 2020
                              VROC Member # 34133
                              2014 Vulcan Voyager

-Gone

Comment

Originally posted by Aquar1234 View Post
                                Then the poor guy has the rest of the day in wet clothes. I have been plumbing for over 26 years and suffered similar soakings!

Meh... we were in hospital-supplied scrubs. He just went back to the locker room and changed into a fresh set. That was almost five years ago and I'm chuckling right now...
                                sigpic

Former:
                                2002 1500 Vulcan Nomad
                                2003 1500 Vulcan carbed Classic
                                1987 Yamaha FZR 1000 Genesis
                                1979 Honda CB 750
                                1978 Honda CB 750
                                1980 Harley-Davidson XLH ironhead Sportster

Comment

Working...
                                X