Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why I have a gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I have a gun

I don't have a gun to kill people. I have a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't have a gun to scare people. I have a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't have a gun because I'm paranoid. I have a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't have a gun because I'm evil. I have a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't have a gun because I hate the government. I have a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't have a gun because I'm angry. I have a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't have a gun because I want to shoot someone. I have a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't have a gun to make me feel like a man. I have a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't have a gun because I feel inadequate. I have a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't have a gun because I love it. I have a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

"Police Protection" is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves. Police do not protect you from crime; they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'.
    Jim Sloan
    AKA Odinn
    Just outside of Bethlehem, GA
    2003 H-D ElectraGlide Standard

Re: Why I have a gun

Couldn't have said it better

Comment

Originally posted by Odinn View Post

"Police Protection" is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves. Police do not protect you from crime; they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'.
      When trouble is upon you and you have only a few seconds to decide, the police are minutes away

Comment

Preach it Brotha
        Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
        Bullock
        Former VRA USA National President
        Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
        Crestview, Florida
        2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
        (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Well said!

Comment

Funny, I've lived almost 68 years, and except for one instance in my youth, have never truly been in a place where a gun would have helped, although I own several guns from pistols to shotguns. In fact, I purchased a new pistol late last year. Note, that I've been in black nightclubs in Washington, DC during the 60's and black clubs in the bad areas of Chicago, and I'm not black. I've also been in various biker bars throughout the country, some 1% bars.

I've been in places where drawing a gun would have assured my being beaten and perhaps killed, and the gun taken away. I've been in fights, but never found an instance where a gun was the answer. I've watched fools take loaded AK-47s and pistols on their hips, to political rallies where tempers flare.

However, I am for gun rights and have not only a pistol, but a 12 gauge loaded in the house for protection. I will have to say that if the hate preached by so many of the political activist continue, you may be correct about needing protection, and I'll go back to carrying.

Comment

I hope to never need my guns, but I had a very good reminder of why on Feb 4, 2010. My brother-in-law was gunned down in his front yard by a jealous ex-husband.

My BIL was walking to his car when they guy pulled up and shot once and missed. My BIL then ran back to his front door, which was locked, when the guy got out of his car and came up and fired 4 rounds into my BIL while he was trying to unlock the door. My BIL didn't believe in guns, yet, had he had a gun and was trained, he might still be alive today.

Yes, I know it doesn't guarantee that he would be alive, but he would have had a better chance.
              Jim Sloan
              AKA Odinn
              Just outside of Bethlehem, GA
              2003 H-D ElectraGlide Standard

Comment

Yes, I know there are cases like this, and I always regret hearing about them. Too bad that mankind has yet to live up to our potential.

As I said, I am a firm believer in the right to own and carry. Years ago, I just began to wonder if it does not balance out in the long run. A case where perhaps carrying would allow one person to rightfully live, while another died and the cases where people who have carried have overstepped their bounds and caused an incident.

Comment

thats why my plate in Michigan says 9mm

Comment

The thing with all these political people wanting to ban guns and make outrageous gun laws, If you ban them completely and make owning a fire arm illigal you will only be hurting the law abbiding citizens. Thugs, gangbangers, felons, whatever you want to call them will still somehow have access to them. Drugs are illigal and they are made and sold every single day. Guns would be no different.
                    As a law enforcement officer, yes I would love to see all the "bad guys" have their guns taken away but that will never happen. I support 100% of letting law abbiding citizens own and carry a gun. There is no telling when that one person might have their gun on them and save your life.
                    sigpic
                    Rick "Groundhog" Hadley
                    CHVRA President
                    Charlotte Chapter 1-7
                    www.charlottevra.com
                    Facebook Link

Comment

Switzerland has a requirement for young men to serve in the militia from age 20-30 and are required to keep their weapons at home. Violent crime is almost unheard of in Switzerland. More than 500,000 ASSAULT RIFLES are known to be in Switzerland and still violent crime is unheard of.

Why do we have such thugs in America?? Long live the American militia's.
                      Bryan (Big B)
                      Chapter President
                      Phoenix Vulcan Riders 1-15

sigpic
                      07 Vulcan 900 Custom
                      12 Vulcan Vaquero
                      http://phoenixvulcanriders.org

Comment

Face it, we call can find locical reasons for, or against almost every or anything. It is all about personal preference. Note, that I am a gun owner and will be getting my CCW permit this Spring. Yet, I chose not to carry almost all of the time.

Comment

i have my permit but suspended get it back in may

Comment

here in WV (and other places i've heard) it is legal to carry a gun anytime! as long as it isnt concealed (carry it on your hip, in the open, dont hide it). our crime rate is one of the lowest in the country, maybe there's a reason for that!..lol..

Randy
                            07 Classic 1500
                            04 Mean Streak 1600
                            The destination is merely a by-product of the journey.

Comment

Crime rate has so very many factors to contend with, that I really think carry or no carry is only one of a vast number of factors.

Look at Japan, hardly any guns, and until the last few years, have had very low crime rates. Same as Canada, which looks to be ending much of their gun control, but with harsh gun control, has less crime rate than most "legal carry" states in the US.

Comment

Working...
                              X