Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$600 Car next year - 258mpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $600 Car next year - 258mpg

The Most Economic Car in the World will be on sale next year:

http://www.caradvice.com.au/25172/vo...conomical-car/

It will be sold by China under Volkswagen branding.
    • Will be selling for 4000 yuan, equivalent to US$ 600..
    • Gas tank capacity = 1.7 gallons
    • Speed = 62 – 74.6 Miles/hour
    • Fuel efficiency = 258 miles/gallon
    • Travel distance with a full tank = 404 miles

The aero design proved essential to getting the desired result. The body is 3.47 meters long and just 1.25 meters wide, and a little over a meter high The prototype was made completely of carbon fiber and is not painted to save weight.

The power plant is a one cylinder diesel positioned ahead of the rear axle and combined with an automatic shift controlled by a knob in the interior..

Safety was not compromised as the impact and roll-over protection is comparable to the GT racing cars.
    John Featherlin
    Webmaster vulcanriders.us 2007-2016
    International Chapter Coordinator 2009-2016
    Forum Admin 2007-2016
    USA Chapter Coordinator 2007-2016
    National President 2007-2010
    National Vice President 2006
    National Secretary 2011-2012

Re: $600 Car next year - 258mpg

I'd certainly buy one of these, wouldn't you know that VW would be the ones to make it. The VW beetle sold more cars (I think) than any other model, and for a longer period of time.

Comment

$600 dollar car???? You know when it gets over here it will be a $60,000 dollar car!!!

Comment

i'd buy one in a heart beat ( it'd make a nice side car for my bike). Jasons right if it ever gets over here that $600 would shoot up!

Fly, they made 21,529,464 original Volkswagen Beetles from 1938 till 2003 the last one being a 2004 model.
        did ya know they had a soild floor like a corvair and they would both float.

Randy
        07 Classic 1500
        04 Mean Streak 1600
        The destination is merely a by-product of the journey.

Comment

Safety was not compromised as the impact and roll-over protection is comparable to the GT racing cars. ???

When was the last time they had a semi hit one in a test? Answer is, never. No thanks I stand a better chance of survival in my Cherokee.

BTW, look at the picture closely. The road condition, the weather and he doesn't have his lights on. As far as visibility goes, I think these are more dangerous than our bikes.

Comment

Originally posted by ibeme151 View Post
            i'd buy one in a heart beat ( it'd make a nice side car for my bike). Jasons right if it ever gets over here that $600 would shoot up!

Fly, they made 21,529,464 original Volkswagen Beetles from 1938 till 2003 the last one being a 2004 model.
            Thanks for reminding me. Never have seen a Corvair do it, but I've seen a VW drive into a lake, go out, turn around and come back, using the tires to move forward and the front tires for steering.

When we lived in California, I used to work on the engines and had several VW powered dune buggies. Race a little bit with one of them, in offroad races. Truly, a very good value for the money. Ever hear of, or have a copy of "VWs for the Complete Idiot"?

Comment

i'll get one...not to worried about semi's on the route i take to work....now watching out for the rednecks in mudders is another story
              Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
              Bullock
              Former VRA USA National President
              Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
              Crestview, Florida
              2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
              (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Heck, if you get hit by an 18 wheeler, it doesn't much matter what your driving, unless it's another 18 wheeler.

I was stopped at a red light once in my MG Midget, at the end of a Interstate exit. An 18 wheeler pulled up behind, so close he could not see me. In his haste to get a jump on the green light, he pushed me into the intersection. He apologized, said he just couldn't see me (far too low to the ground). He was honest enough about it, I couldn't get real mad, especially since it ruined his driving record of several hundred thousand miles with no accident. He said he didn't even know I was there, until I pulled to the left and he saw me from the side.

For around town driving, these would be ideal. Someday soon, we may all have to consider driving something like that instead of a SUV.

Comment

Originally posted by Fly View Post
                  Heck, if you get hit by an 18 wheeler, it doesn't much matter what your driving, unless it's another 18 wheeler.

I was stopped at a red light once in my MG Midget, at the end of a Interstate exit. An 18 wheeler pulled up behind, so close he could not see me. In his haste to get a jump on the green light, he pushed me into the intersection. He apologized, said he just couldn't see me (far too low to the ground). He was honest enough about it, I couldn't get real mad, especially since it ruined his driving record of several hundred thousand miles with no accident. He said he didn't even know I was there, until I pulled to the left and he saw me from the side.

For around town driving, these would be ideal. Someday soon, we may all have to consider driving something like that instead of a SUV.
                  Isn't that 1 of the reasons we ride bikes?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stout View Post
                    Isn't that 1 of the reasons we ride bikes?
                    Nah, I ride bikes just cause they are bikes. However, when pressed, I can justify it because of the gas mileage. But my wife's car get a bit over 30 MPG on the highway, so with the two of us in it, it get's better gas mileage than having 2 bikes on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Fly View Post
                      Nah, I ride bikes just cause they are bikes. However, when pressed, I can justify it because of the gas mileage. But my wife's car get a bit over 30 MPG on the highway, so with the two of us in it, it get's better gas mileage than having 2 bikes on the road.
                      Sorry Fy, I'm just feeling arugmentative today. Not sure why.Maybe this damn snow has something to do with it.

Comment

No worries Dave. The snow is certainly getting to me. Finally broke down and started both bikes a couple of days ago, hoping one of them would have problems so I could work on them.

Oh well, the Concours is going to need rear brakes son, maybe I will order them and have something to do.

Comment

Originally posted by ibeme151 View Post

Hitler was a genius

Comment

Working...
                          X