Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weaving at Other Bikers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weaving at Other Bikers

Written years ago by a friend of mine.

Well, personally, I weave at everyone.

I see another bike coming at me in the other late, I weave at it. I see a car, I weave at it. Occassionally, I am so sober that I'll be scared to weave at a semi-truck, but usually I'm either drunk or stoned enough that I don't care, so I weave at them too. I admit, when I first heard that it was a tradition for motorcyclists to weave at each other, I thought it was kind of nuts. I was a new rider and weaving at all was kind of a challenge. But I wanted to be a good biker, so I did it. Sure, I laid the bike down a few times at first, but I got the hang of it. Then, after doing it successfully a few times and seeing the looks on the other riders faces -- well you can tell they are impressed and it really is a blast! At first, they sometimes look like they aren't going to weave too, but don't go thinking they're being unfriendly. I've learned that what they are really doing is seeing how good you are at this weaving thing. If they don't weave, you show them you know what you're doing and keep weaving right at them. If you do it right, they will always weave too, sometimes right at the last second After I found out how much fun it was, I couldn't resist spreading the practice to cars, trucks, bicycles and even pedestrians. People love it! They beep their horns, they yell, they give you all kinds of waves. Sometimes they even turn around and follow you for awhile, which is when you show 'em what you've got and lose 'em. Then turn off on a side street and wait for 'em. When they catch up, pull out and weave at 'em again. They'll beep and wave with just as much excitement as they did the first time! Obviously, it's a matter of personal preference. But I highly recommend weaving at least at other bikes, if not at everyone you see. I promise
    if you do this you'll meet new people and be the talk of your neighborhood in no time. Just letting you know how it works for me,

Shing

Re: Weaving at Other Bikers

I think you posted this before. Quite a while ago.

Comment

i hadnt seen it.. so i'm glad ya did..lolol.. made me laugh//lol/

Randy
      07 Classic 1500
      04 Mean Streak 1600
      The destination is merely a by-product of the journey.

Comment

Now that you mention it Dave, it's very possible that I did post it before. Just ran across it, as I was searching for something else.

CRS syndrome is likely to strike me at any time.

Comment

Hope everyone knows what CRS is. I have it from time to time myself. I think it is age related - lol. If I see you on the Dragon, I'll be sure to weave at you.
          Albie Salsburg (1700 Rider)
          2009 Vulcan Voyager
          V&H Slipons
          Thunder MFG Air Kit
          "Ivan's Re-Flash"

Comment

Why, thank you 1700 Rider, I'll try and weave back. Maybe we can find some semi's to weave at.

Comment

i think we all should weave at Fly when we see him at the rally, down the road from the rally, on the dragon, or just simply riding around the camp ground.. everyone ,, please dont forget to weave at Fly.. he may even weave back!!

hmmm,, ya ever seen a fly weave???

Randy
              07 Classic 1500
              04 Mean Streak 1600

Comment

Nothing like a troublemaker in the crowd Randy.

Comment

We can call Fly the "Dream Weaver"
                  Albie Salsburg (1700 Rider)
                  2009 Vulcan Voyager
                  V&H Slipons
                  Thunder MFG Air Kit
                  "Ivan's Re-Flash"

Comment

just weavin at ya fly!!! bein friendly and all!!

Randy
                    07 Classic 1500
                    04 Mean Streak 1600

Comment

No worries Randy, my humor just doesn't come across very well on a forum.

Comment

dont worry about it lorin, i've been laughin with ya all the while!!!!

Randy
                        07 Classic 1500
                        04 Mean Streak 1600

Comment

Working...
                        X