Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Election eve humor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Election eve humor

John was in the fertilized egg business. He had several hundred young layers (hens called 'pullets') and ten roosters for, you guessed it, stud service.

He kept records, and any rooster not performing went into the soup pot and was replaced.
    This took a lot of time, so he bought some tiny bells and attached them to his roosters.
    Each bell had a different tone, so he could tell from a distance, which rooster was performing.

Now, he could sit on the porch and fill out an efficiency report by just listening to the bells.
    John's favorite rooster, old Butch, was a very fine specimen, but this morning he noticed old Butch's bell hadn't rung at all!

When he went to investigate, he saw the other roosters busy chasing pullets, bells-a-ringing, but the pullets, hearing the roosters coming, would run for cover.
    To John's amazement, old Butch had his bell tucked between his wattles, deadening the pealing of the bell. He'd sneak up on a pullet, do his job and walk on to the next one.

John was so proud of old Butch, he entered him in the Saint Lawrence County Fair and he became an overnight sensation among the judges. The result was the judges not only awarded old Butch the "No Bell Piece Prize," but they also awarded him the "Pulletsurprise" as well.

Clearly old Butch was a politician in the making. Who else but a politician could figure out how to win two of the most coveted awards on our planet by being the best at sneaking up on the unsuspecting populace and screwing them when they weren't expecting it!

Vote carefully this November, the bells are not always audible!

i know we say NO political jokes, but i thought this was worth the post!..lol..

Randy
    07 Classic 1500
    04 Mean Streak 1600
    The destination is merely a by-product of the journey.

Re: Election eve humor

Good joke, and I also hope that everyone votes, regardless of how you vote. You get but very few chances to have your say, and the ballot box is still the most important.

Comment

Originally posted by Fly View Post
      Good joke, and I also hope that everyone votes, regardless of how you vote. You get but very few chances to have your say, and the ballot box is still the most important.
      Good point. The only thing I would add is get informed and then vote. Today it seems that the candidate with the most $ and charm gets elected.

BTW: Looking at your states visited map and it appears to me that you are a prime candidate to do a "four corners ride" so you can finish out your states.
      '18 Road Glide Special, '18 Moto Guzzi V7III Carbon, '75 KT250 Trials.

Comment

Good point on getting informed first. As to finishing out my US map, I hadn't really looked at it from a "4 Corner Ride", but it makes sense.

Since I've got the SW corner done, just a ride up to visit the WA chapter, then over to visit Baldy in ME and DaBull in Florida would cover it. Maybe a stop in Alaska to finish 49 of the 50 states. Now I wish I'd have taken a bike ride in Hawaii when we lived there, does a convertible count?

Comment

A literal finish see this thread, my heart can't be calm once in a very long while, shock! Why would like a son! In BBS in horizontal network in my life, from thinking any further can't there isany a son can move me, have never thought today to see such a masterly of such a post! The building Lord, is you let me comprehend the "someone outside the person, day outside have day" profoundly this sentence. Thank you!

Comment

Funny joke didn't name names or parties.
            Papa Bear
            2007 Vulcan Classic LT 900, Maroon & Silver
            VROC # 31434
            God's Great, Beer is Good, and People are Crazy

Comment

Working...
            X