Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speeding ticket...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speeding ticket...

Just got this in an email from my BIL...

Top This One For A Speeding

Ticket in Kingsville , Tx ,

Two Texas Highway Patrol Officers were conducting speeding enforcement on Hwy 77, just south of Kingsville , Tx.

One of the officers was using a hand held radar device to check speeding vehicles approaching the town of Kingsville . The officers were suddenly surprised when the radar gun began reading 300 miles per hour and climbing.

The officer attempted to reset the radar gun, but it would not reset and then it suddenly turned off.

Just then a deafening roar over the Mesquite treetops on Hwy 77 revealed that the radar had in fact locked on to aUSMC F/A-18 Hornet which was engaged in a low flying exercise near this, it's Naval Air home base location in Kingsville Tx.

Back at the Texas Highway Patrol Headquarters in Corpus Christi the Patrol Captain fired off a complaint to theUS Naval Base Commander in Kingsville for shutting down his equipment.

The reply came back in true USMC style:

'Thank you for your letter....

You may be interested to know that the tactical computer in the Hornet had detected the presence of,and subsequently locked on to, your hostile radar equipment and automatically sent a jamming signal back to it, which is why it shut down.

Furthermore, an Air-to-Ground missileaboard the fully armed aircraft had also automatically locked on to your equipment'slocation.

Fortunately, theMarine Pilot flying the Hornet recognized the situation for what it was, quickly responded to the missile system alert status and was able to override the automated defence systembefore the missile was launched to destroy the hostile radar position on the side of Hwy 77 So. of Kingsville ..

The pilot suggestsyou cover yourmouths when cussing at them, since thevideo systems on these jets are veryhigh tech.

Sergeant Johnson, the officer holding the radar gun, should get his dentist to check his left rear molar. It appears the filling is loose.. Also, the snap is broken on his holster.'

SemperFi
    sigpic

Former:
    2002 1500 Vulcan Nomad
    2003 1500 Vulcan carbed Classic
    1987 Yamaha FZR 1000 Genesis
    1979 Honda CB 750
    1978 Honda CB 750
    1980 Harley-Davidson XLH ironhead Sportster

Re: Speeding ticket...

Yut !

Comment

I guess the USMC has a lot more tech than the cops. Didn't do much good to complain did it.
      Albie Salsburg (1700 Rider)
      2009 Vulcan Voyager
      V&H Slipons
      Thunder MFG Air Kit
      "Ivan's Re-Flash"

Comment

Ok, the relevant question is 'how do I get one for my bike??!"
        Allen Featherlin
        Party Crasher and furr-flie drinker extrordinaire

Comment

he he he...cool ch!t
          Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
          Bullock
          Former VRA USA National President
          Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
          Crestview, Florida
          2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
          (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Originally posted by kaitiff View Post
            Ok, the relevant question is 'how do I get one for my bike??!"
            Yeah, if you had the USMC system, those Tennessee boys wouldn't mess with you then.
            Albie Salsburg (1700 Rider)
            2009 Vulcan Voyager
            V&H Slipons
            Thunder MFG Air Kit
            "Ivan's Re-Flash"

Comment

Supposedly, there used to be a way to do some circuit board magic on a passport radar detector to make it broadcast whatever speed you wanted to show on the nice officer's radar gun. I dreamed at the time of doing it and setting it to read around 250mph all the time.

I've thought about a laser with a 50Mhz pulse for those pesky guys with the laser speed guns, too. Not sure what that would do but it would be interesting to find out...
              sigpic

Former:
              2002 1500 Vulcan Nomad
              2003 1500 Vulcan carbed Classic
              1987 Yamaha FZR 1000 Genesis
              1979 Honda CB 750
              1978 Honda CB 750
              1980 Harley-Davidson XLH ironhead Sportster

Comment

Working...
              X