Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some Harley Riders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Harley Riders

Saw this at Kawanow and had to post it here... LOL

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7102...-harley-riders
    mikewithabike
    Listen to my music HERE
    VROC #29972
    Killing bugs... one at a time
    2012 Vulcan Nomad 1700 - Mine 09/13
    http://www.reverbnation.com/mikehaley

Re: Some Harley Riders

ROFLMAO Loved it
    Albie Salsburg (1700 Rider)
    2009 Vulcan Voyager
    V&H Slipons
    Thunder MFG Air Kit
    "Ivan's Re-Flash"

Comment

ROFLFAO! that is just too funny

Comment

Village people? I always thought they looked like Capt. Jack Sparrow's pirate crew. Arrrrgggg!!!!
        Best regards and ride safely,

Marshall
        "Where your head goes, your ass is sure to follow."

Comment

In the Navy...You can serve your fellow man.
          Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul.
          Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Great vid. I heard new in 2012 all new HD's will come with built in fold-out wheel chocks to make them easier to take back and forth to the shop and to rallys in your official HD trailer. That and perma-nubs for the tires so even if you do accidentally put a 1000 miles a year on the tires they will still look as unused as all your buddies sitting in front of the bar.
            Allen Featherlin
            Party Crasher and furr-flie drinker extrordinaire

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelH View Post
              Saw this at Kawanow and had to post it here... LOL

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7102...-harley-riders
              hate to say it but the vid is very true...... love it.... sorry to all my H-D rider buddies... last time we went with them they did 40 miles and had to stop for a smoke... thought some one had a problem at 1st... and then 2 bars ...
              all so never heard of some many problems at Sturgis camp grounds. All where H-D,s wheel bearing, tires / spokes, motor problems, etc but to be fair when there is some 95% H-D,s there in the thousands, you are going to hear H-D promblems... ggale
              Glenn Gale, President 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by ggale View Post
                hate to say it but the vid is very true...... love it.... sorry to all my H-D rider buddies... last time we went with them they did 40 miles and had to stop for a smoke... thought some one had a problem at 1st... and then 2 bars ...
                all so never heard of some many problems at Sturgis camp grounds. All where H-D,s wheel bearing, tires / spokes, motor problems, etc but to be fair when there is some 95% H-D,s there in the thousands, you are going to hear H-D promblems... ggale
                I work with a gal that has a Sporster 1200 and to her a long ride is about 120 miles return trip to the city. Whenever I ride with her to the city she has to stop at a bar in the city and then stop at her parents house to have a drink. And as far as problems well her bike sprung an oil leak the other week and I told her ahh don't worry about it it's only marking it's territory....... Don't get me wrong I have a lot of friends that ride harleys and I love harleys but Iwould say 85% of them are in the above group of the bar to bar riders, 40 mile riders and up here in Canada I call them the Tim Hortons Crew...lol.
                Just had to put my 2 cents worth in.........

Cinny

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I know a guy who traded in his Yamaha for a Harley. He spent quite a bit of money trying very hard to disguise his Yami. I told him it was a really nice bike and there was no need to camoflauge it. He got flame shaped chrome mirrors, matching highway pegs, a dark blue paint job after debadging it, added a big Rat Fink decal on both sides, wore the cutoff vest, properly frayed of course, the scuffed up beanie helmet, (flat black, naturally) that had the "If you can read this...blah, blah, blah..." stickers and the Vietnam Vet's/POW stickers, and so on.

A few weeks back he comes roaring in on his new, (used) Heritage soft tail. He was so excited to point out all the Screamin' Eagle badges on every plate or cover or normally open spot on the bike. He traded in his paid-off 1100 to take out a loan on a bike that he will be paying for for several years just so he could finally say HE RIDES A HARLEY.

I was nice. I 'Oooh'ed and "Wow"ed over the bike. (I nearly swooned to be in the presence of such a macho man who owns and RIDES A HARLEY!) And all the while I kept thinking, "I would rather have his Yamaha." His bike looks like some thing your grandma would design and ride. I am sorry if I offend people who own one, or have friends that do. Nah, actually I ain't that sorry.

The ******* thing broke down the next weekend. He told me what was wrong but I didn't pay much attention. I'd bet my left nut that someone is riding his old ricer at this very moment. And that bike is, and will keep running fine for a long time.

GO MACHO MAN!!!!
                  Christian - Vermont -
                  sigpic
                  "Watch out, you might get what you're after."

Comment

Update...!

The same fellow is trading in his new (used) Harley softail, for a used Harley Road King. He is taking a $1500 dollar trade-in loss on the first, and excitedly reported that his loan will only be several hundred dollars a month for 74 months!

Ride on dude, you rule!!!

Christian - Vermont -
                    sigpic
                    "Watch out, you might get what you're after."

Comment

Hey, He is just trying to help stimulate the economy!
                      Found out that retirement involves working full time while still being under employed.

I've been Obamanated!
                      I'll retire yet.........the undertaker said so.

Comment

I have a few friends with Harley's so I forwarded the video right away. Ha Ha, I'll hear about it later for sure.
                        sigpic
                        Member of VRA Canada
                        Member of CMC 075 Huron
                        http://vracanada.prophpbb.com/
                        http://ride.canadianmotorcyclecruisers.ca/

Comment

rode down to southern Iowa will my pal from work. He rides a brand new Ultra...looks great. But you should have seen the digust on his face when people would ask what we were riding. He, with a puffed out chest would say...2011 Ultra. Then as i answered with "PRIDE" 1996 800 Classic. I would get GREAT and positive compliments!!!!! He got the "oh really" head nod......He seemed cheesed.

long story short.....Kawasaki PRIDE is a GREAT thing! Ride on brothers!

Comment

The most disgust I've ever witnessed was a few years ago when the "Screaming Eagle" add-on came out for many of the Harley models.

One guy at an awareness ride had just spent 5 figures on this upgrade and got smoked by a rice-burner. I forget which brand, but it was a smaller cc bike and the Harley rider was really bitching about all the money spent for nothing.

I was riding a 94 1500-A and the time, and thought about suggesting my stock bike could also smoke him, but thought better of it. He was a friend of a friend and I just couldn't bring myself to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by kipfire View Post
                              HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I know a guy who traded in his Yamaha for a Harley. He spent quite a bit of money trying very hard to disguise his Yami. I told him it was a really nice bike and there was no need to camoflauge it. He got flame shaped chrome mirrors, matching highway pegs, a dark blue paint job after debadging it, added a big Rat Fink decal on both sides, wore the cutoff vest, properly frayed of course, the scuffed up beanie helmet, (flat black, naturally) that had the "If you can read this...blah, blah, blah..." stickers and the Vietnam Vet's/POW stickers, and so on.

A few weeks back he comes roaring in on his new, (used) Heritage soft tail. He was so excited to point out all the Screamin' Eagle badges on every plate or cover or normally open spot on the bike. He traded in his paid-off 1100 to take out a loan on a bike that he will be paying for for several years just so he could finally say HE RIDES A HARLEY.

I was nice. I 'Oooh'ed and "Wow"ed over the bike. (I nearly swooned to be in the presence of such a macho man who owns and RIDES A HARLEY!) And all the while I kept thinking, "I would rather have his Yamaha." His bike looks like some thing your grandma would design and ride. I am sorry if I offend people who own one, or have friends that do. Nah, actually I ain't that sorry.

The ******* thing broke down the next weekend. He told me what was wrong but I didn't pay much attention. I'd bet my left nut that someone is riding his old ricer at this very moment. And that bike is, and will keep running fine for a long time.

GO MACHO MAN!!!!
                              I really don't understand such a post. It's his dreams and aspirations that he is attempting to fulfill, not yours. Perhaps he needs to learn a lesson in the school of hard knocks. Some folks are like that. You wouldn't have made those decisions and that's fine, the world would be a drag if everyone was the same. Some good natured ribbing or poking fun is one thing but I don't think this post falls into those categories.

Live and let live.

Comment

Working...
                              X