Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My V2K is like Rodney Dangerfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My V2K is like Rodney Dangerfield

I ride with a bunch of guys, some have harleys, some have race bikes, some have triumphs,and one of my friends just bought a ducati....now we all know the v2k is the big daddy of cruisers, with the biggest ,mass production v twin ever made.....it has power, sleek styling , and is very reliable.....yet I still feel like rodney dangerfield....." I get no respect, I tell ya"
    2006 Vulcan 2000 classic

if life gets shitty....i'll pull the pin and see whats next!

Re: My V2K is like Rodney Dangerfield

No respect? Just quit waiting for them to catch up...
    I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead....
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah the Harleyaphiles, as I call them, think that Harleys are the only respectable bike. I ride with a couple guys like that. I usually just say f-em. Don't care what they think. My Vulcan is just as solid, smoother ride and cost $10,000.00 less.
      Fish
      Experience: That most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.

Comment

Originally posted by fishgoblue View Post
        Yeah the Harleyaphiles, as I call them, think that Harleys are the only respectable bike. I ride with a couple guys like that. I usually just say f-em. Don't care what they think. My Vulcan is just as solid, smoother ride and cost $10,000.00 less.
        Plus 10 on that...
        Albie Salsburg (1700 Rider)
        2009 Vulcan Voyager
        V&H Slipons
        Thunder MFG Air Kit
        "Ivan's Re-Flash"

Comment

I don't worry about'em. A friend of mine has an E-Glide police bike. Carlisle PA Bike Fest was last weekend; guess which bike didn't make the trip due to electrical problems! He also missed Ocean City Bike Fest this spring due to an oil leak. I just show him the t-shirts and pictures of where I've been while his in the shop...but he had to have a Harley.
          Bob Howley "ICE CUBE"
          2007 VN900 CUSTOM
          2020 1700 VOYAGER

Comment

My whole church group has harleys...Guess which one of us can participate in the 4th of july parade without vapor-locking the motor? Thats right, the guy with the radiator and a fan. Everytime they start in on me, I challenge them all to a race. They accept, and I tell them it is a 5 mile race, at rush hour, down the freeway downtown. Everytime, they have something else come up and can't make it

Comment

As I say Vulcans Rule Others Drool!! Honestly though I have no issues with the HDs just some of the owners and it is only some of them.
              Randy - aka racinfan101
              Central IL Chapter 1-39 President
              2024/25 National President

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cent...?ref=bookmarks
              2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

Originally posted by Racinfan101 View Post
                As I say Vulcans Rule Others Drool!! Honestly though I have no issues with the HDs just some of the owners and it is only some of them.
                Yeah, most riders don't care what you ride as long as you ride. Some HD guys are over the top though. I'll stick with Vulcans.
                Fish
                Experience: That most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.

Comment

And That is why I love the VRA I just found out a former Vulcan owner who said it would never happen (buying a Harley) bought one. He said his wife and some people on another Vulcan site convinced him??!!?? WTF!!!!
                  Randy - aka racinfan101

2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

My brothers fatboy screams and shakes at 90mph...my v2k is in like 3rd gear...lol...i know its funny...but at the rallys, they walk right past me to gawk at his bike...my bike is black, so is his ..
                    2006 Vulcan 2000 classic

if life gets shitty....i'll pull the pin and see whats next!

Comment

All about drinking the kool-aid......
                      Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
                      Bullock
                      Former VRA USA National President
                      Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
                      Crestview, Florida
                      2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
                      (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

You need a shirt that says "I EAT PORK WITH MY RICE"
                        Randy - aka racinfan101

Comment

In our CMC group, it is usually the Harley and Goldwing owners slugging out the jabs and one liners. The rest of us seem to fly under the radar. It's fun to watch and listen from the sidelines. I know what my bike is capable of and don't need to pretend to be anything else but a guy who enjoys the ride!
                          sigpic
                          Member of VRA Canada
                          Member of CMC 075 Huron
                          http://vracanada.prophpbb.com/
                          http://ride.canadianmotorcyclecruisers.ca/

Comment

Too funny, these posts. No respect? I ride a 900, two up, with the Mrs or my 8 year old on board and we wear full face helmets (and riding jackets when Joey is with me) Think we impress anyone?

Okay, next question...Think we give a shit what they think?

I cannot afford a Harley, let alone a V2K. Would I like to have a more expensive, nicer, and bigger bike? Yeah, I guess so. But it is not possible. With two kids and a mortgage, my priorities might be a little different than some other folks.

The other guys are right when they say "F 'em." Those fools who sneer at other bikes are usually the same ones who give motorcyclists a bad name. I ride because I like to ride. Not to get anyones 'respect'. If that is what they need to feel good about themselves, they have some serious self-image issues.
                            Christian - Vermont -
                            sigpic
                            "Watch out, you might get what you're after."

Comment

I have the same problem being on a Victory. You would think I would catch SOME slack for riding an American made bike from 'THE FAITHFUL' but it's almost the opposite. There's a guy on the vic site I'm a member that has to come on every day and extoll the virtues of his holiest of holy Road King and bash on the Vic's. I just smile; the ABATE group I ride with is mostly HD, and EVERY SINGLE RIDE we've been on we've had to stop and work on at least one of the HD's. The one guy has to hop off his bike at every stop and kick the shit outta his exhaust to keep it from falling off the front head. It's funny watching the reactions of the cars around us, seeing some guy whaling away kicking his bike.
                              Allen Featherlin
                              Party Crasher and furr-flie drinker extrordinaire

Comment

Working...
                              X