Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from SE Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hello from SE Michigan

Welcome from southern Ohio.
    Every day is a holiday when you love your job,And if you don't you must live in a nightmare.

Comment

Looks like you have got a good bike to start with!
      Randy - aka racinfan101
      Central IL Chapter 1-39 President
      2024/25 National President

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cent...?ref=bookmarks
      2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

Originally posted by chykal View Post
        For a few months I have been tossing around the idea of owing a bobber. I like my VTX 1300S the way it is so this project would have to be a different bike. I have been looking Blue Collar Bobbers and I decided that I liked the softail look. This is the hardtail look with a hidden rear shock. There is one Honda but it is a 600 so I decided against it because it is too small. There were a couple of Yamaha's (600 and 1100) but I do not care for Yamaha's for a couple of reasons. The slight whine they make during acceleration is one of them. There were also a couple of Suzuki's but not a big fan of the Boulevard or the Volusia either. This left me with the Kawasaki Vulcan in an 800 or 900. The 900 replaced the 800 in 2006 so those were out due to budget constraints. So a Vulcan 800 is what I started looking for. These were made from 1995 until 2006 so I was looking for an early model.

I have found a 1996 about 4 hours away and have struck a deal with he guy for $900. It is partially disassembled and needs some TLC as he put it. It isn't running right now so I need to rent a trailer. I am planning to pick it up next weekend. This should be fun. I can't wait to be a Vulcan owner and get to know some of the good folks on this forum.
        to the forum.

Comment

Working...
        X