Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New nomad owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New nomad owner

hello everyone the names Chris and I purchased a 1999 Vulcan nomad this month with 19k miles on it.
    its the green/green color scheme love the bike few issues with it atm the throttle is sticking so i need to learn to fix this and i need to find out if it still has the plastic oil gear and what shape its in so if anyone in the Cincinnati area knows how to check/fix these id love the help but other than that love the bike rode it a few times already.

Re: New nomad owner

welcome from the NW Florida Panhandle Chris!
    Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
    Bullock
    Former VRA USA National President
    Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
    Crestview, Florida
    2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
    (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Welcome from Central IL!! I LOVE the look of the green Nomads from that year! Chris Conkle from the Cinci/Dayton chapter has a ton of expierience with the oil gear. You can find the chapter on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/CDVRA/?ref=br_tf
      Randy - aka racinfan101
      Central IL Chapter 1-39 President
      2024/25 National President

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cent...?ref=bookmarks
      2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Columbus!! The Cinci/Dayton folks are some really great folks!! Hook up with them you will really like it!!
        Patrick "Hotwheels" Sharon
        President Columbus Vulcan Riders Chapter 1-32
        Columbus, Oh
        National President 2020
        National Vice President 2019
        National Treasurer 2013 - 2015
        VROC Member # 34133
        2014 Vulcan Voyager
        2021 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited

2020 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited
        2009 Vulcan Voyager - Gone
        2002 1500 Mean Streak - Gone
        2007 Vulcan VN2000 Classic LT
        -Gone
        2007 Vulcan VN900 Classic LT - Gone

Columbus Vulcan Riders 1-32 FaceBook group

Comment

I'll be in Dayton the week of 4/07/2014. I'll be driving a Penske and hope I can figure out a way to load my bike.

Comment

Welcome from Kansas City

Comment

welcome from west MI.. there should be some one who can help with your bike. lots of very good folks here.
              Glenn Gale, President 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by 99nomad_chris View Post
                hello everyone the names Chris and I purchased a 1999 Vulcan nomad this month with 19k miles on it.
                its the green/green color scheme love the bike few issues with it atm the throttle is sticking so i need to learn to fix this and i need to find out if it still has the plastic oil gear and what shape its in so if anyone in the Cincinnati area knows how to check/fix these id love the help but other than that love the bike rode it a few times already.
                Hi Chris! Welcome! There is definitely a lot of knowledge on the Nomad and technical threads in the forum. Short of getting a visual of your POG or experiencing symptoms, maybe somebody there can tell you how to check to see if it's been replaced. If it failed under warranty prior to you buying it, your dealership may be able to look up your VIN to see if there is a record of its replacement. Best of luck to you. See you around, and ride safe. Have you checked out this page? http://www.gadgetjq.com/gadgetsfixitpage.htm
                Patty Martin
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X