Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi to all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi to all

One of the members here contacted me yesterday to discuss problems he was havin with his Vulcan. He knew of me thru a couple other Vulcan forums I am on and told me of this one which I had not known about, so here I am!!

He especially piqued my interest when he told me of the upcoming rally in July, that I just might make that my goal to attend during my summer vacation.

Some background...I am a third generation South Floridian. I have made my living working in the South Florida m/c industry for 37 years as of this past September (I can't figure that out as I am not even that old yet!!) and have owned and operated my own hi-po m/c shop for over 23 years!

I have been blessed to be combining my love, passion and hobby of motorcycling with earning my living and owning my own shop. Add onto that the good and fine peeps I have met thru the years.

My shop works on all kinds of skoots and anytime I had the opportunity to test ride a "cruiser" I always enjoyed the short rides. Even tho my heart was with sportbikes, the "slow down and smell the roses and also enjoy the "thump" of a V-twin certainly appealed to me.

So in early 2011 I walked into my local dealer to pick up parts, you gotta go thru the sales showroom to get to the parts counter, and there calling my name and sayin "look at MEEEEE" was the new red Vaquero. I stopped and said..."oooh that's NICE".

I tried to ignore the Vaq's every time I went to the dealer but they kept callin me!

Come April of that year Kawi did it's demo weekend down here and I specifically went to test ride the Vaq. It was a half hour ride and I came back sayin..."yea I can do this". The ZX14 went up for sale and 2 weeks later I had my Vaq.

It has been a blessing and a joy. Meetin new peeps and enjoyin what this skoot allows me too that I don't get on my Hayabusa. Of course being "normal" as many of us are, I have not left well enuff alone. Tho the Vaqueros are great skoots stock, I have been having fun modifying it as well as ridin it. On the 20th of this month it will be in my possession 3 years and here is it's current mileage...

Some pics...

Even tho the Vaq is and has been a fantastic addition my Busa is and will always be my "baby"...

Anyways I hope to be able to meet new friends here and I got my maps out this mornin figuring out how to get to Bedford Pa this summer.

THANX

RACNRAY
    "TRUE HAPPINESS IS IN THE HEART,NOT IN THE OUTSIDE FIXES!!"
    WITH OVER 37 YEARS AS A MOTORCYCLE TECHNICIAN/HI-PO SHOP OWNER I AM A PURVEYOR OF FACT NOT FICTION!

Re: Hi to all

Welcome. Nice Vaq. You know what they say? It's not work if you love what you do.
    Enjoy the forum.
    wanderer5210 aka Ted

Comment

Welcome hope to see you in July !
      2013 Voyager "Ivory"
      2003 Nomad FI (gone)
      1996 Vulcan 1500 se 88 (gone)
      VROC#26618.
      ROK #ROK100029773
      Former VRA National Store Manager
      Former VRA Secretary
      Chapter 1-70 President
      Brooklyn,Mi
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/GLVRA
      information.glvra@gmail.com
      COME ON LETS RIDE !

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Columbus, OH! Nice story and good looking bike!! hope you can make the rally in July . It will be a great time!!!
        Patrick "Hotwheels" Sharon
        President Columbus Vulcan Riders Chapter 1-32
        Columbus, Oh
        National President 2020
        National Vice President 2019
        National Treasurer 2013 - 2015
        VROC Member # 34133
        2014 Vulcan Voyager
        2021 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited

2020 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited
        2009 Vulcan Voyager - Gone
        2002 1500 Mean Streak - Gone
        2007 Vulcan VN2000 Classic LT
        -Gone
        2007 Vulcan VN900 Classic LT - Gone

Columbus Vulcan Riders 1-32 FaceBook group

Comment

Hey Ray Welcome!!! Glad you found the VRA!! Make yourself to home and visit often!!
          Randy - aka racinfan101
          Central IL Chapter 1-39 President
          2024/25 National President

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cent...?ref=bookmarks
          2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Racnray from SW, OH! You'll be able to share some of your throttle mods here...
            Let's ride...
            '03 1500 Mean Streak
            My name is Steammaker & I'm addicted to modifying my Mean Streak..

Comment

Welcome Ray! Thanks for sharing the pics of your red beauty and a little of your bio. Hope to meet you in July. There are a couple groups heading up from the south, so I'm sure you can find some riding partners. Enjoy your vaq and be safe!

Sent from beautiful Butler, PA using Tapatalk
              Patty Martin
              sigpic

Comment

THANX ALL...in reference to the groups ridin from the south to the rally how/where is that info and how can I get in touch with any of them?

I was planning on doin something very different this summer vacation and ridin up to this rally more than fits the bill.

THANX
                RACNRAY
                WITH OVER 37 YEARS AS A MOTORCYCLE TECHNICIAN/HI-PO SHOP OWNER I AM A PURVEYOR OF FACT NOT FICTION!

Comment

I know Derry "DaBull" will see this soon I am sure. He is in the northwest part of Florida. I know BunnyDi from the Central Florida group also frequents the forum. So I am sure one of them will be a long soon. There is a thread that Derry started with his plans to come up through the Blue Ridge parkway and all. Sounds like it could be a great ride! I just can't find it right off. If I do I will post it or you can Send him or Bunny a PM.
                  Patrick "Hotwheels" Sharon
                  President Columbus Vulcan Riders Chapter 1-32
                  Columbus, Oh
                  National President 2020
                  National Vice President 2019
                  National Treasurer 2013 - 2015
                  VROC Member # 34133
                  2014 Vulcan Voyager
                  2021 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited

2020 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited
                  2009 Vulcan Voyager - Gone
                  2002 1500 Mean Streak - Gone
                  2007 Vulcan VN2000 Classic LT
                  -Gone
                  2007 Vulcan VN900 Classic LT - Gone

Columbus Vulcan Riders 1-32 FaceBook group

Comment

Originally posted by voyager_pws View Post
                    i know derry "dabull" will see this soon i am sure. He is in the northwest part of florida. I know bunnydi from the central florida group also frequents the forum. So i am sure one of them will be a long soon. There is a thread that derry started with his plans to come up through the blue ridge parkway and all. Sounds like it could be a great ride! I just can't find it right off. If i do i will post it or you can send him or bunny a pm.
                    thank you sir

Comment

Originally posted by RACNRAY View Post
                      thank you sir
                      Welcome to the group Ray!

Will shoot you the ride info this eve, Florida groups will be joining up, riding the BRP and shenanandoah valley as well.....
                      Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
                      Bullock
                      Former VRA USA National President
                      Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
                      Crestview, Florida
                      2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
                      (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Originally posted by DaBull View Post
                        Welcome to the group Ray!

Will shoot you the ride info this eve, Florida groups will be joining up, riding the BRP and shenanandoah valley as well.....
                        OOOOOHHHH...just what I was gonna do, ride the BRP but was gonna b by myself. I look forward to the info.

THANX SO MUCH

RACNRAY

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Minnesota.
                          Bill "TSfan14" Fliehr
                          Apple Valley, MN
                          2007 1600 Nomad

Comment

Originally posted by RACNRAY View Post
                            OOOOOHHHH...just what I was gonna do, ride the BRP but was gonna b by myself. I look forward to the info.

THANX SO MUCH

RACNRAY

emails sent..............
                            Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
                            Bullock
                            Former VRA USA National President
                            Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
                            Crestview, Florida
                            2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
                            (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Welcome from West MI. and see you at the rally.
                              Glenn Gale, President 1-26

Comment

Working...
                              X