Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from the land down under

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from the land down under

Hi everyone, thought I'd join as we do not have a Local VRA in our part of the world, hope you all don't mind.

We have a burgundy 2005 Vulcan 2000 (the train headlight model) that is fully loaded for touring. it's been modded somewhat with various HD parts fitted, such as screen, pouches, passenger boards, engine bars.

Has heated grips, modded standard pipes, resistor
    Mod, custom mounted soft bags, custom pack rack and a full sized cust removable drivers back support.

The V2K is a bit of a rarity down here with few of these bikes sold new originally in NZ so always gets alot of looks and comments.

We love our V2K typically riding it two up. Being that we live in New Zealand We have some brilliant biker roads we ride often.

The bike is fabulous to punt around on with a ton of torque to call on to keep things hustling along two up nicely, often giving the more nimble bikes a fright at times too.

Nothing more satisfying than seeing a little sports bike flinch when the rider sees our two up fully kitted behemoth thundering down on them in their mirrors, hehe.

Been riding for twenty plus years, had a suzie LC1500 prior to theV2K. Great bike, but dropped
    It in a heart beat to get the V2K having read everything about them but not actually seen one in the flesh or ridden one, best thing we ever did.

We have a few mods to do such as K&N filter, progressive rap shock, darkside it, engine management mod, driving lights and add lots more chrome

Take care and Cheers Andrew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hi from the land down under

Welcome to the forum from Columbus, OH!
    Patrick "Hotwheels" Sharon
    President Columbus Vulcan Riders Chapter 1-32
    Columbus, Oh
    National President 2020
    National Vice President 2019
    National Treasurer 2013 - 2015
    VROC Member # 34133
    2014 Vulcan Voyager
    2021 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited

2020 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited
    2009 Vulcan Voyager - Gone
    2002 1500 Mean Streak - Gone
    2007 Vulcan VN2000 Classic LT
    -Gone
    2007 Vulcan VN900 Classic LT - Gone

Columbus Vulcan Riders 1-32 FaceBook group

Comment

Welcome Andrew! That's quite the intro. You sure do paint a great picture. You should consider expounding on this for an article in the Velocitor newsletter. I especially enjoyed the flinching of the sport bike rider. Funny! Enjoy that V2K and the beautiful roads of NZ. Be safe and we'll see you around.

Sent from beautiful Butler, PA using Tapatalk
      Patty Martin
      sigpic

Comment

Welcome friends. You know posts like that one are useless without photo.
        Just saying.
        wanderer5210 aka Ted

Comment

welcome from NW Florida!

If yo are interested, John "slicks" Featherlin is the International Chapter Coordinator and he would be happy to help get a new Chapter started in your neck of the woods!!!!!!!!
          Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
          Bullock
          Former VRA USA National President
          Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
          Crestview, Florida
          2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
          (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Welcome!! Like Pmar said interesting intro! I liked it!! Like DaBull said if you run across more Vulcan kinsman down your way John Featherlin can help you start a chapter!
            Randy - aka racinfan101
            Central IL Chapter 1-39 President
            2024/25 National President

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cent...?ref=bookmarks
            2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

Welcome from the SC 1-50 USA! Hope to visit your country one day!
              Non Chapter Member

Comment

Thanks for the great welcome everyone. Pictures, these are all i have on my phone at the moment from our last ride. Not the best but a start. Had the lower engine bar covers on as it was a chilly day so kept my feet warm out of the cold

Cheers Andrew

Comment

Great Pictures!
                  Randy - aka racinfan101
                  Central IL Chapter 1-39 President
                  2024/25 National President

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cent...?ref=bookmarks
                  2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

Welcome from west MI and a fellow V2K rider.. I have an 06 and a 08. I love the both of them. you have done much of the same things I have done. and yup I can run with the biggest of the C- rockets in the curves. I have 50K on my CT on the 06. I think I will leave the 08 as a MC tire.. the wife likes it better than way. any question or if I can help with the V2 ask way here I will try to help. Ride safe.
                    Glenn Gale, President 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by ggale View Post
                      Welcome from west MI and a fellow V2K rider.. I have an 06 and a 08. I love the both of them. you have done much of the same things I have done. and yup I can run with the biggest of the C- rockets in the curves. I have 50K on my CT on the 06. I think I will leave the 08 as a MC tire.. the wife likes it better than way. any question or if I can help with the V2 ask way here I will try to help. Ride safe.

Cheers Ggale, very much appreciated. We love our V2 as it is a great ride besides its a bit different from the run of the mill HD's and Triumphs that abound down here.

Take care, hope the weather is comin good for ya all up there with summer comin on soon eh.

Regards, Andrew

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Minnesota.
                        Bill "TSfan14" Fliehr
                        Apple Valley, MN
                        2007 1600 Nomad

Comment

Welcome from Shippensburg, PA! Glad to see you enjoying the same passion that we all have.

My boss is from NZ, he came here from Wellington and was born in New Plymouth in your neck of the woods. He said he was born in the Taranaki hospital.
                          Carl "Doughboy" Calder
                          VRA USA Webmaster; Forum Admin
                          Widows Sons MRA
                          American Legion Riders Chapter 373

Comment

Welcome from South Carolina. Nice looking ride....Love the color...
                            Isaiah 40;31
                            MISS BETTY 2012 900 Classic
                            South Carolina BURN Road Captain
                            http://www.bikersurbanresponseneeded.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Doughboy View Post
                              Welcome from Shippensburg, PA! Glad to see you enjoying the same passion that we all have.

My boss is from NZ, he came here from Wellington and was born in New Plymouth in your neck of the woods. He said he was born in the Taranaki hospital.

Cheers Doughboy. So ya boss is a 'good ole Naki boy' eh hard case, he must be a good bugger then eh

Ya can't beat Wellington on a good day but Taranaki........ just Hard Core, lol

Comment

Working...
                              X