Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

luv the meanie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• luv the meanie

so just got a 2002 meanie with 20000km on it... luv the bike. Always wanted one. Performance takes getting used to for me. Had the 900 custom before. |difference is nite 'n day. Having trouble with it surging in middle range tho. Thinking throttle issue ?

Re: luv the meanie

Welcome and congrats on the new ride!! You might try running some Sea Foam or another carb/injector cleaner through it to see if that helps the surging. Some of our more tech savvy guys may have some good answers for you.
    Randy - aka racinfan101
    Central IL Chapter 1-39 President
    2024/25 National President

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cent...?ref=bookmarks
    2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

Welcome and congrats on the Meanie. I also have the 02 1500 Meanie go go with my Voyager. The meanie is a blast to ride. I don't seem to have the same issue you do so hopefully someone will be able to come a long and help.
      Patrick "Hotwheels" Sharon
      President Columbus Vulcan Riders Chapter 1-32
      Columbus, Oh
      National President 2020
      National Vice President 2019
      National Treasurer 2013 - 2015
      VROC Member # 34133
      2014 Vulcan Voyager
      2021 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited

2020 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited
      2009 Vulcan Voyager - Gone
      2002 1500 Mean Streak - Gone
      2007 Vulcan VN2000 Classic LT
      -Gone
      2007 Vulcan VN900 Classic LT - Gone

Columbus Vulcan Riders 1-32 FaceBook group

Comment

Great ride, for sure. Offhand the surging sounds like a vacuum issue, especially if it has an aftermarket air cleaner. Check the idle control solenoids under the right-side dish, and the tubes that connect to the metal tubes under the throttle bodies. If there's a leak there it might cause surging (some have reported it, for me it just caused the engine to race). Might not hurt to spray some seafoam or carb cleaner in the throttle bodies also.

Could be other things, like fuel pump or other electrical, but that's far beyond my limited expertise.
        San Diego Vulcan Riders 1-24
        https://sdvra.com
        • 2002 VN1500P Mean Streak
        • 2006 VN1600B Mean Streak
        • 2013 VN1700J Vaquero

Comment

Welcome from west MI. RCVRA 1-26. agree try the Sea Foam it works well on cleaning injector's that may be the issues. good luck and ride safe.
          Glenn Gale, President 1-26

Comment

Working...
          X