Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted To Say HI from Columbus!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted To Say HI from Columbus!

Hiya Gang-
    I'm new to the page, I live in Columbus, Ohio.

I have a 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic that I'm dressing out with mid 1950's HD FL parts.

My previous Vulcan was a 2000 Drifter 800 that I used a lot of '50 and '51 Indian Chief parts on, but unfortunately, I had a "slow wreck" on it in the Spring of 2006... All gone now!

I found this '01 Classic about a year or so ago, and after really looking at it, I realized it was just about the same size as the 1955 FLHF that I owned when I was in High School... So, after digging around in my brother's and dad's HD parts stashes I found out that many of those old FL goodies actually just bolt on to the VN800 without too much, or any modification!

I guess I'm partial to the old style "big bikes", so it looks like I'm on my way to building a SushiGlide now...

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to learning something new, and I'll also be pleased if I can pass on something I know already!

CHEERS!
    SLICK
    "Thirty thousand dollars worth of junk and thirty miles a week DOES NOT a biker make".

Re: Wanted To Say HI from Columbus!

Welcome from NW Florida!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
    Bullock
    Former VRA USA National President
    Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
    Crestview, Florida
    2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
    (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Welcome to the forum from another Columbus resident. We have a local chapter here in Columbus. Check us out on Facebook by searching for Columbus Vulcan Riders or check out our website at www.columbusvulcanriders.com. Would love to have you come out and join us on a ride or some meetings.
      Patrick "Hotwheels" Sharon
      President Columbus Vulcan Riders Chapter 1-32
      Columbus, Oh
      National President 2020
      National Vice President 2019
      National Treasurer 2013 - 2015
      VROC Member # 34133
      2014 Vulcan Voyager
      2021 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited

2020 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited
      2009 Vulcan Voyager - Gone
      2002 1500 Mean Streak - Gone
      2007 Vulcan VN2000 Classic LT
      -Gone
      2007 Vulcan VN900 Classic LT - Gone

Columbus Vulcan Riders 1-32 FaceBook group

Comment

Sounds cool! Looking forward to seeing pictures. I am a fan of vintage looking bikes myself which of course is why I ended up with a Drifter myself. Glad to have you in the VRA, and make sure to take Voyager_PWS's advice and look up the Columbus chapter. Lots of good folks in that group!!
        Randy - aka racinfan101
        Central IL Chapter 1-39 President
        2024/25 National President

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cent...?ref=bookmarks
        2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

Hi Y'all!
          I'll post pics as soon as I can, I suppose it takes a while before a new member can do so?

CHEERS!
          Slick
          "Thirty thousand dollars worth of junk and thirty miles a week DOES NOT a biker make".

Comment

Actually once you are approved by the admins you should be good to go. You can post them as an attachment or if you upload a photo to something like photobucket you can use the insert image button at the top of the reply box and paste a direct link to the picture. Takes a bit of trial and error but once you get the hang of it, it works pretty well.
            Randy - aka racinfan101
            Central IL Chapter 1-39 President
            2024/25 National President

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cent...?ref=bookmarks
            2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

Welcome from Western Mass. I'm looking forward to some pics also. Have a great time on the forum.
              sigpic

Comment

Welcome from Kansas City

Comment

Hello from Tiffin, OH. I will say that the Columbus group is a great group of riders. Check them out if you get a chance.
                  2015 Vulcan 1700 Voyager - Ivan's ECU ~ Kuryakyn Long Horn Highway Pegs ~ Chucksters Risers ~ Grasshopper Backrest ~ Dual FIAMM Horns ~ Flashing Trunk Brake Light ~ 34024-1330 Kickstand ~ Kawi Gel Front Seat

2008 Vulcan 900 Classic LT - Traded

Comment

Welcome from the SC 1-50 - and if you ever wander south let us know!!
                    Non Chapter Member

Comment

Working...
                    X