Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Afternoon From 'Rado.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good Afternoon From 'Rado.

Signing up for the MSF course is a good idea. Learning to ride on those 250's and then crossing over to the much heavier 900 may be strange though.
    When I first started to ride I would cruise local neighborhoods to get used to stopping, rolling on hills, evading cars, manuvering in tight spaces, etc...

Perhaps if I finally get out to western NE this season I will give you a hollar and we could meet up.

Welcome to the VRA!

Ryan
    1-36 President
    William "Ryan" Pennington
    Combat Vets Association
    Vulcan Riders Association

1999 Harley Davidson Dyna LowRider

Comment

I passed the class Sunday, went to DMV today and got my "M" added. Bike will be insured in a couple of hours.
      My plan exactly, as Penn states too, is to cruise the 'hood and local school parking lot and re affirm what I learned on the small bikes and apply it slowly to my bike.

P.S I will wear a helmet. If anyone calls me out on wearing a helmet, like saying "p*ssy or some other parts of the human anatomy, I will just call you out by saying you are dumber'er.
      I still look good for my age, and I like to stay that way.
      "I don't say we all ought to misbehave, but we ought to look as if we could."

O. Welles

Comment

GPymp,grocery stores quite often have huge, empty parking lots during the week day. I seriously doubt that anyone will say anything about you wearing a helmet, there are a lot of people that wear them all the time.

After you've been riding for awhile, then you can decide if you still wish to wear the lid. But for a beginner, in my opinion, it's a very good idea.

Comment

Oh My Fly! Took it for a quick ride for the first time, ever, last night. Ended up being a 1 hour smilefest! I even took it to 55mph. (There is a 1 mile stretch of street near my house, posted 45mph) It shifts sooo smoooth. Well I only had those rider school Honda 250's to compare it to. Never gave it a second thought that it weighed twice as much from what I trained on. Steering a little slower..and such a smooth ride.

Geeeezus..when can I ride again??

O. Welles

Comment

ok, you're officially hooked. Next, any excuse to ride the bike where ever, and in those mountains around Denver, that could be some long rides. Then comes the first day's long ride, then trying an IronButt ride.

Than, of course, all the things that are just so necessary to making the bike fit you just right, some call those farkels, some call them chrome and leather, what ever you call them, you'll find that if they come for two wheels, it's expensive.

Comment

nice....cant shake the feeling now
              Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
              Bullock
              Former VRA USA National President
              Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
              Crestview, Florida
              2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
              (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Congratulations Gary! I talked one of my best friends into getting a bike and he got the 800 Classic, too. It's a great bike.

The more frequently you ride, the faster you'll get better. It doesn't matter if it's 25 miles or a 150 miles, just go for a putt.

If you want to get good at parking lot maneuvering, U-turns, etc, I highly recommend buying the DVD for "Ride Like a Pro". Watch that and then go practice what they preach in a church parking lot. I had ridden for years and my skills doubled after doing that. It really did help.

It'll be a big expense since you didn't include it in your purchase but if you buy the Vans & Hines pipes and a Hypercharger air intake (Thunder Kit), you'll love the bike twice as much. It runs and sounds so much better and really "wakes it up". Unfortunately, it costs around a $1000. The cheaper alternative is to drill out your baffles.

Happy riding!
                John Featherlin
                Webmaster vulcanriders.us 2007-2016
                International Chapter Coordinator 2009-2016
                Forum Admin 2007-2016
                USA Chapter Coordinator 2007-2016
                National President 2007-2010
                National Vice President 2006
                National Secretary 2011-2012

Comment

The nice thing about riding Gary, is that the smiles never go away!

From the day I first threw my leg over the Honda 50 Dad brought home to today, I always have a smile when I ride.

Comment

Went for a couple of hours today. 77 miles of 25-35-40-45-55 and 65 smiles and hour. Drove through some local roads and such. Went through Thornton, Westminster, Lafayette, Erie, Boulder and Lyons ColoRADo. The temp was about 65 degrees or so. Puurrrfect weather. During the ride I must have seen about 50 other riders.

Ass was a little tired and I ended with a little buzz in the throttle hand. I expected that.

I finally broke the 100 mile mark on the odo.

O. Welles

Comment

very nice.....i'm sure it sucked all day long
                      Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
                      Bullock
                      Former VRA USA National President
                      Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
                      Crestview, Florida
                      2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
                      (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)