Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

motorcycle jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motorcycle jack

Hello again! I can see I am going to need some sort of jack to do maintenance ane wheel removal. I won't be useing it often but when i get my tire in I will need one then Any suggestions that maybe will save a dollar or two? Recommendations! Mike
    Attached Files

Re: motorcycle jack

Mine is from Harbor Frieght. You can see some pics in one of my albums in my profile when I changed my rear tire. Be aware that you should support the opposite end of the bike even if strapped down. When you remove the tire it will be enough to upset the balance of the bike on the jack. I used a cement block with a sissor jack under the front frame when I changed the rear tire. You can kinda see it on one of the pictures. Oh and do strap the bike down to the jack.
    Albie Salsburg (1700 Rider)
    2009 Vulcan Voyager
    V&H Slipons
    Thunder MFG Air Kit
    "Ivan's Re-Flash"

Comment

Re: motorcycle jack

Albie has good points about always strapping down the bike, and even supporting the other end when removing a tire/wheel.
      My bike jack is from Sears, bought 4 or 5 years ago for less than $100. I think they still have the same price, or they occasionally have sales. Harbor Freight also has great deals on so many things like this. Mostly for us back-yard mechanics and not for someone using them for work.

Comment

Working...
      X