Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from the Eastern Shore of Virginia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from the Eastern Shore of Virginia

Greetings All, Stiggy here...proud owner and rider of a 96' Vulcan "88" 1500, and I live the Eastern Shore part of Virginia (just below O.C. Maryland area)..Great looking site here...

As well as being a bike nut, I am also crazy about Mustangs!!! and am the founder of a local Mustang owners club we have here on the Shore ( Eastern Shore Mustangs)...check us out sometime on "facebook" or our website.... www.easternshoremustangs.com

Re: Hello from the Eastern Shore of Virginia

Welcome Stiggy, love both Vulcans and Mustangs, well the old ones anyway. You're not that far from our national rally in Stecoh, NC in July. It's by the tail of the Dragon.

The Vulcan 88 is a great bike, and you've got a new enough one to have the taller road gears, enjoy.

Comment

Thanks Fly!!! This is my first Vulcan (rode intruder before this) and I have to say I absolutely LOVE it!!! Tons of power, smooth ride (kinda miss that 5th gear though). My future plans for her are maybe some duel hyper chargers to replace those "ears" with rejetting the carbs of course, some after market exhaust, and maybe some custom wheels.

Comment

Every bike I've had, has had 1 too few gears, welcome to the club. I've rode an Intruder before, but just a little, and thought that my Vulcan at the time 2003 Nomad, had a lot more overall power.

Ain't the low RPM, low speed pulsing of that big V-twin a wonderful feeling. It's been since 2002 since I had my 1500 A, but knew several people simply took out the air chamber and added K&N filters right to the carbs. There were those that said removing the air chamber was not the way to go, and I never saw any Dynomometer reading comparing the two. I think at Gadget's site http://www.gadgetjq.com/gadgetsfixitpage.htm

there might be some info about this.

Comment

welcome to the group stiggy...looking forward to chattin with ya,,,as fly mentioned hope to see you at the NATIONAL RALLY

Holler if you need anything!
          Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
          Bullock
          Former VRA USA National President
          Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
          Crestview, Florida
          2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
          (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Welcome Stiggy. Sounds like you know exactly what you want to do with that 1500.
            Albie Salsburg (1700 Rider)
            2009 Vulcan Voyager
            V&H Slipons
            Thunder MFG Air Kit
            "Ivan's Re-Flash"

Comment

Welcome to the Forum Stiggy

Comment

Working...
              X