Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A New OLD Guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New OLD Guy

Been riding for 47 years, started on 66 S90 Honda, and then went to 1956 Panhead. Went through the chopper phase, and in 80's went back to stock on the Pan. Still have the bike. Got a CB350 chopper hardtail I built in 1984, and 3 Yam XS650's, one with a Duo-Glide rear frame section added on. Got an XS1100 Yam and Venture Royale. Been riding a 85 Voyager 1300 since 99, with a pod trailer. Feb 25th, 2010, bought my 97 Vulcan 1500 Classic from a guy in Indianapolis who was selling his stuff to move to Phoenix. That was on the Kawasaki Motorcycle.org forum site. I have added a cheap top case, put on Nomad Seats, and installed a hitch to pull the pod. I like the way the bike handles, and have some worries about the POG thing. I have decided to look inside the cover to see if it has been replaced or not. I might as well explain about the "Pure Pork" thing. My real name is Jimmy Dean and my friends gave me the nickname because of the Jimmy Dean Sausage commercials of that period. Jimmy Dean touted that his "pure pork sausage won't fry away in the skillet" like the others.

Never Stop Riding......
    sigpic
    97 Classic D2
    89 Vulcan 88

Re: A New OLD Guy

Well Jimmy, don't fry away from here. Sounds like you know your way around bikes. Welcome to the forum. Lots of good folks here.
    Albie Salsburg (1700 Rider)
    2009 Vulcan Voyager
    V&H Slipons
    Thunder MFG Air Kit
    "Ivan's Re-Flash"

Comment

Welcome to the family!
      Riding Redemption all over Oklahoma... 21,000 miles and counting!
      sigpic
      B.A.C.A. Member, Oklahoma Chapter

Comment

Just another aside note, I've spent half my life in ABATE of IL and 19 yrs in AMA taking the Eagles class. I work on RV Repair in the summer so my time for riding is limited then, but in the winter I virtual ride through the forums I belong to. I belong to AVA and ROK as well and the xs650 Society. I like bikes.

Never Stop Riding......
        sigpic
        97 Classic D2
        89 Vulcan 88

Comment

welcome to the group Pure Pork....certainly looks as if you have put in some serious seat time

Looking forward to chattin with ya, and if able meet ya at the ANNUAL VRA RALLY!
          Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
          Bullock
          Former VRA USA National President
          Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
          Crestview, Florida
          2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
          (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Welcome to the forum!!!!! I dont think you can add to much more to the resume! lol

It is always good to have some experience around.

Comment

Hi Jimmy
              I too am an old rider since 1958. I started on a 250 Jawa then to a 450 Honda, a 750 Honda, and a 1000 Goldwing, and a 1100 Goldwing. I went to a 800 Vulcan Classic because I don't take long rides and it handles better in traffic.
              I bought my 800 six years ago and I love it. This is the first Kaw I ever owned and I think I will stick with it. I also just joined this group and they don't seem to care how old your bike is, or what size and that makes it a great place.
              One last thing I too live in Illinois but,not close to you.
              George (Bhuey)

Comment

Welcome George and Pure Pork, not too far away here in Kentucky.

Lots of great information here, good friends, fun times, doesn't matter what you ride, only that you do. Life is good!
                Debi
                Former President 10 Years
                Kentucky Vulcan Riders 1-12
                Spyder Ryder in 2021!

Comment

Great back story Jimmy Welcome to the forum, I look forward to seeing you around.

Comment

Working...
                  X