Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello members of the VRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello members of the VRA

Hello to the members of VRA my riding name is Solo my birth name is Doug . I am co-founder of Brotherhood Quest Roadhouse a place where bikers stop in and get to know each other plan rides or just pass the long winter days. I have been riding for 40+ years owned everything from British bikes Harley's ect. I lost my job in 12/24/2010 after 23years . I had one last chance to buy a new bike and accessories it the way I wanted . Looked at HD, Yamaha and many others . As I was looking I found a new on the floor bike for a price too good to pass up . So begins my adventure with my Kawasaki VN2000 . I manage to ride at least 12 to 13000 miles a year this year 13,800 before snow and ice set in. I have 4 daughters 9 grand kids and a little Boxer that keep me young . I live to ride and ride to live enjoy my beer and meeting new brothers and sisters that enjoy the biker life style. Any more you would like to know just ask me . Ride free and safe.
    Solo

Re: Hello members of the VRA

welcome to the group solo.....glad you found us....V2K is a beast and I'm sure you're gonna love it....looking forward to chatting it up with you and hope to see you at our Annual Rally in July! Holler if you need anything!

Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
    Bullock
    Former VRA USA National President
    Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
    Crestview, Florida
    2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
    (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Welcome aboard Solo, sorry to hear about the job. Several times, I've ridden through ND, going and returning from Sturgis Bike Week. It's a damned long ride, but some interesting sights to view. I love the wide open, so both ND and SD provide some good riding.

Put a link up on the "Rides and Rallies" and also on the "Links" sub-forums. Sounds like a great place to drop by and rest for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBull View Post
        welcome to the group solo.....glad you found us....V2K is a beast and I'm sure you're gonna love it....looking forward to chatting it up with you and hope to see you at our Annual Rally in July! Holler if you need anything!

Thanks for the welcome DaBull Yes the V2K is a beast as I am 59 years and 5'10" . and with my time off have added a few pounds LOL. I do love the beast and she and gets allot of comps and respect or maby its just intimidation ? Managed to get almost 14,000 miles this last summer and up here in the north pole that's fare millage. I will have to check out the July rally sounds like a blast. If I recall you are in Florida looks like rideing weather for you today . Hope so? Ride safe! Solo

Comment

Originally posted by Fly View Post
          Welcome aboard Solo, sorry to hear about the job. Several times, I've ridden through ND, going and returning from Sturgis Bike Week. It's a damned long ride, but some interesting sights to view. I love the wide open, so both ND and SD provide some good riding.

Put a link up on the "Rides and Rallies" and also on the "Links" sub-forums. Sounds like a great place to drop by and rest for awhile.
          Thank you Fly for your welcome to the VRA . The job thing at 1st was scary but last summer was fun just had to be kind of a penny pincher after buying and setting up my V2K LOL but got to ride almost everyday . I agree ND n SD do have some wide open spaces thats what I like but winter is getting old . If you get up this way next summer let me know ahead of time and I would try my best to hook up with you Fly . Ride safe. Solo
          Last edited by Solo; 01-11-2011, 10:30 AM. Reason: Sign with my road name.

Comment

Welcome Solo... hope you find a place to be comfy here. My riding buddy has a V2K as well and it really is a beast with a set of Vance and Hines added to it... very intimidating!!
            Thomas 'VulcanArtist'
            Decatur, GA
            2008 Vulcan 900 LT
            www.thomascolvinstudios.net

sigpic

Comment

Alas, Solo, I've not made it to Sturgis for about 5 years. Medical problems kept me away for a couple of years, and then some friends stopped going, etc, and so on.

Since the wife doesn't ride, and has no desire to go to bike events, ya know those bad ass'd bikers with their wild parties, I can't make all the places that I'd like to go. This year, is the Rally in the middle of July, along with my plans to ride a lot of the "Lincoln Highway", Sturgis may be out for another year.

Thanks for the invite, next time I make it there, I'll post and try to remember to drop by your place.

Comment

Originally posted by VulcanArtist View Post
                Welcome Solo... hope you find a place to be comfy here. My riding buddy has a V2K as well and it really is a beast with a set of Vance and Hines added to it... very intimidating!!
                Thanks VulcanArtist : Nice to be here starting to feel right at home friendly bunch of brothers of the road here . There are a few V2Ks up here too but not many. A fella will definitely pick one out of the crowd when you see or hear one LOL. I have the 3inch quiet Roadburners but they growl when I get on it. Thanks again hope to chat more with you Thomas. Ride Safe . Solo aka Douglas

Comment

Welcome to the group Solo. Glad to see you are making youself at home quite nicely. Looking forward to seeing some pics of the V2K. My dad had one for a short time before trading it for a Voyager. I loved riding the beast every chance I got. Only advice I have for anyone with a V2K is ... HOLD ON lol especially if you twist on her hard cause she will set you back . Look forward to one day meeting and riding with you.
                  sigpic
                  Rick "Groundhog" Hadley
                  CHVRA President
                  Charlotte Chapter 1-7
                  www.charlottevra.com
                  Facebook Link

Comment

Thanks Rick for the welcome its nice to be here . Just waiting for spring and riding weather as you can imagine the winters up here last to darn long . I have a friend who was living out in NC last summer she loved the beach out there . She is working in Chicago now . Why did your father trade off his V2K ? Ride free .

Comment

Welcome to the Forum Solo. Wow you VN2000 looks great! I love the flames on the tank
                      Hope to you see you around the forum

Comment

Thank you for the welcome and the compliment on my VN2000 lostzerocool . I am getting cabin fever and anxious for the open road! So spring can not arrive soon enough .

Comment

like the others said welcome Solo i too am a neebee in williston and and not looking forward to the weather next week.
                          "Hagar"

Comment

Welcome fellow VN2000 rider, Good Choice! I did the same thine, looked at Harley and Victory and walked away with a Vulcan 2000 Classic Lt. I guaranty you will love the POWER!!!

Comment

Welcome Solo!

sigpic
                              Ride Safe!
                              GADAWG

Comment

Working...
                              X