Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi, I'm MattieG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hi, I'm MattieG

Originally posted by ggale View Post
    Hi I am Glenn her hubby, How does she like the St 1300,..?? At 140 and running over me on my V2K.... It is "sneaky fast" All I hear is "WHOOOOSH" AS SHE RUNS OVER ME.... !! It cuts corners like its on rails, smooth, e-z to drive... a real treat to drive.. Honda really made a great bike.. so she has her "fun bike" ST, her "cruise bike" 1500 classic, her "go to work /in town bike" 900 Classic....... so she has every ride type coverd...LOL

ggale
    Hey Glen, nice ta meet you.

Sounds like she's just missing a Triumph Street Triple to round out the heard.
    06 Vulcan 800 Classic

Comment

Welcome from the buckeye state
      Every day is a holiday when you love your job,And if you don't you must live in a nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by kawi-girl View Post
        Hey Glen, nice ta meet you.

Sounds like she's just missing a Triumph Street Triple to round out the heard.
        She HAD A 04 V2K like mine, all so a touch faster at the start than mine, a 1600 Mean Streak, a 800 Classic, and a 04 1500 classic.... !! I think I listed them all my be missing one street triple is about the only thing she has not test rode..... ggale
        Glenn Gale, President 1-26

Comment

Wow Glenn, a lady that really understands bikes, the more you've owned, the more you can talk about them. Ya'll have to come to the rally, so as we can compare the various bikes we've ridden.

Comment

Originally posted by Fly View Post
            Wow Glenn, a lady that really understands bikes, the more you've owned, the more you can talk about them. Ya'll have to come to the rally, so as we can compare the various bikes we've ridden.
            May be next year, we are going to Strugis this Aug, with some ride buddies.never have been there so far...we can "due" 1 big vac a year... she works surgery at local hosp..can only get short vac time in summers.. all ways working... ggale

Comment

hello and welcome to the greatest site

Comment

Sturgis, during Bike Week, is a must see for any biker, IMHO. It's been 4 or 5 years since I've been there, but made it almost every year for about 10 years. It never gets old.

If dates are still movable, might I suggest you get there the Wednesday before Bike Week, stay down around or in Custer, some good motels in Custer and a great KOA in that area. Ride the Wild Life Loop, see Chief Crazy Horse and the Indian Museum, Mt. Rushmore and do some riding in that area before Bike Week. That way, you're not tied up riding with 1/2 million other bikers, of which 1/10 are very stupid. Makes for some very slow riding during Bike Week.

Then head up as to stay wherever you plan in Sturgis area that Saturday morning before Bike Week begins on Monday. Then head out to the first rest stop East of Sturgis on I-90 and watch those people trailer to there, get there bikes off the trailer so they can "Ride to Sturgis".

Comment

Welcome to the forum Mattie

Comment

Originally posted by Fly View Post
                    Sturgis, during Bike Week, is a must see for any biker, IMHO. It's been 4 or 5 years since I've been there, but made it almost every year for about 10 years. It never gets old.

If dates are still movable, might I suggest you get there the Wednesday before Bike Week, stay down around or in Custer, some good motels in Custer and a great KOA in that area. Ride the Wild Life Loop, see Chief Crazy Horse and the Indian Museum, Mt. Rushmore and do some riding in that area before Bike Week. That way, you're not tied up riding with 1/2 million other bikers, of which 1/10 are very stupid. Makes for some very slow riding during Bike Week.

Then head up as to stay wherever you plan in Sturgis area that Saturday morning before Bike Week begins on Monday. Then head out to the first rest stop East of Sturgis on I-90 and watch those people trailer to there, get there bikes off the trailer so they can "Ride to Sturgis".
                    The game plan is to ride there and then to CO and back.. 2 weeks of rideing thinking when we get back we will be a bit wore out...

Comment

You're certainly going to see some pretty county and great bike roads, I'm happy for you, but a wee bit jealous. You will be worn out, but completely refreshed, a good feeling.

Comment

Working...
                      X