Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allow me to introduce myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow me to introduce myself

I have recently joined the forum, as I found a link while searching for information about this years NVR rally in NC. I have owned a 1500 classic for a few years and just last October purchased a 2008, 2000 Classic LT.
    I live in the SW mountains of NC and have access to an abundance of mountain roads including Blue Ridge Parkway, Cherohala Hwy, Tail of the Dragon, & Moonshine Hwy to name a few. Today's ride took me to Helen Ga, Hiwassee, & back thru Clayton Ga. Was a beautiful day for riding.

I am a retired mechanical engineer, and currently have a home and commerical generator business. I may occasionally be able to offer some assistance with electrical or mechanical problems.

Look forward to reading and learning from your experiences, and sharing some of my own.

Have already booked a camp tent at the Kickstand Lodge for the NVR rally. Perhaps I will meet some of you there.

Re: Allow me to introduce myself

Welcome to the group Mtn Rider....glad you found us...looking forward to having you hangin around chattin....especially with your background

I hope we do get to meet at the National Rally...many are arriving early (11 July) and Leaving 15 July....we had a blast last year at the KSL...might even be able to pick your brain about some possible rides in the area...

Holler if you need anything and again, welcome aboard!
    Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
    Bullock
    Former VRA USA National President
    Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
    Crestview, Florida
    2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
    (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Thank you for the welcome. Always willing to share some good rides, & of course excellent places to eat.

Comment

Welcome aboard, it'll be good to meet yu at the rally. You really do live in some great riding roads. Check with BigNastie and his chapter, they are hosting the rally there, I'm sure they'd love some help or discussions about routes

Comment

Love the V2K in the Dragon and other roads down that way, just wish they where not a 2 day ride to get down there. the power just shines on those roads.. If you need any advise on the V2K I will try to help or know guys that can fix just about any thing on them and welcome I have been here just a short time all so.. ggale 06 V2K Classic [dark side rider]
          Glenn Gale, President 1-26

Comment

What a great forum, you can't ask for a better place to meet people and share the love of motorcycles, riding some great roads, creating friendships that never fade, the VRA rocks!

Hope to meet everyone at the Rally this year, we have a boat load of people coming down again. Going to wait until about the end of April and do a tally, with 6 new folks at our last meeting and 2 more joining us today, we should be rockin

I envy your V2K, such a beautiful style of bike!
            Debi
            Former President 10 Years
            Kentucky Vulcan Riders 1-12
            Spyder Ryder in 2021!

Comment

Originally posted by Mtn Rider View Post
              Thank you for the welcome. Always willing to share some good rides, & of course excellent places to eat.

Just noticed the last part of your post, bout excellent places to eat. There is a great little place I found in Tellico Plains, TN, called "Nut N Fancy". It's only a couple of years old, but has some of the best fruit cobbler I've tasted since leaving Texas 50 years ago. They've also got real 'Chicken Fried Steak', something that's most difficult to find outside of TX and OK.

I'll be leading my chapter out to the rally thought Tellico Plains, and we will be stopping here for food.

Comment

Hello from Texas. Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will like it here. Look forward to riding with you at the rally.
                sigpicDan Denney
                President
                Fort Worth 1-25
                Old bikers don't grow grey, they turn chrome.

Comment

Fly, I have also eaten at that very restaurant. Took a group from Franklin,NC on a ride and stopped there for lunch. Best food around by far.

Comment

Originally posted by Mtn Rider View Post
                    Fly, I have also eaten at that very restaurant. Took a group from Franklin,NC on a ride and stopped there for lunch. Best food around by far.
                    Nice to see that you have to good taste to agree with me. The waitresses are also friendly and good at their job. Got to meet the owner on my first visit there, riding the Cheohala Skyway with several of the rally attendees.

Comment

Welcome Mtn Rider, Great group of people here. If you ever get up Colorado way we have a few little hills to ride in.

Comment

Thank you for the offer Casey Keyes, I don't know if my bike has enough power to climb those "hills", but I sure would like to try it.

Comment

i just returned from the Smokeys and driving(auto) the Dragons tail, you do have wonderful roads in that area. and i have to add some great food. i ate Alligator tail for the first time at a place called Huck Finns in Pigeon Forge, it was a great place to kick back and fill my stomach after a long day of wishing i had my bike with me..lol..

Randy
                          07 Classic 1500
                          04 Mean Streak 1600
                          The destination is merely a by-product of the journey.

Comment

Working...
                          X