Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New (kind of) from Kansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New (kind of) from Kansas

What's going on guys? So I joined this site about a year ago, and I only posted a few times before I moved to a new place and didn't have internet. So this place and me kind of faded. But it's beautiful riding weather once again here in good old Kansas(I live in Topeka), then I remembered I am a member here!

I didn't even have pictures on my computer of my bike when I joined here. So only the total of a few posts, not posting in over a year, and not being able to post pictures of my bike(which I have quite a few now)...I think I have a right to a "new" introduction

So here it is. From good old Topeka, my name is Dan. And I got my FIRST bike last year. Haven't gotten to ride it much, thanks to the pain of Kansas winter, but I plan on racking up a lot more miles this summer.

It's my starter bike. Last year I had no clue how to ride, let a lone know at all what I was doing. But with a little practice I was rocking it in no time. Now I zip all around town on her.

This is her...

(that's me looking at the grave. this is at my grandpa and grandmas grave. my and my buddies took a little ride out there. my grandpa passed away a little over a month ago, so I wanted to go see how the new grave stone looked. my buddie is a damn good sneak photographer.)

(the day I got it)

(that'd be me, trying to pull the badass look)

I'm guessing most of you already know what kind of bike that is. But, I will tell anyway. It's a 1995 Kawasaki(obviously) Vulcan 750. I love her. Great ride. Little bit of high miles...but she is my first bike/starter, so it's no big deal. I am soon to be getting bags and a windshield. Should dress it up a bit.

Everything is stock. I like the quiet pipes, call me lame, but I am not a fan of loud pipes. My stock pipes work great for me. Even though it sounds like a go-cart in a way haha.

I love this bike. Not just because it's my first, but it's just a comfortable ride. It looks good, and it gets a few honks from the ladies

I plan on getting something a little bigger, probably before next riding season. My buddie has a Vulcan 1500. I like that bike a lot too. Thinking about upgrading.

But anyways, that's my new intro.
    sigpic

Re: New (kind of) from Kansas

Oh man, I didn't know those pictures would be that big, sorry fellas.

Never mind...fixed it.
    sigpic

Comment

welcome back Lister Hope you're able to hang out and chat this time! Glad you refound us...holler if you need anything!
      Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
      Bullock
      Former VRA USA National President
      Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
      Crestview, Florida
      2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
      (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Originally posted by DaBull View Post
        welcome back Lister Hope you're able to hang out and chat this time! Glad you refound us...holler if you need anything!
        Thanks buddy. And I will be sticking around. And pretty cool you remember me man. You'e cool in my book haha
        sigpic

Comment

Hi Lister,

Welcome back, hope you enjoy your new found visit. Nice looking bike, one of our members here in KY has a 750 also. Actually had 2 of them on our ride this past weekend.

Might check out the group not to far from you (about 1.7 hours in El Dorado) they are looking to get a chapter started. More friends to ride with.

Link to Thread

Let us know if we can help in anyway, lots of great folks here.
          Debi
          Former President 10 Years
          Kentucky Vulcan Riders 1-12
          Spyder Ryder in 2021!

Comment

I remember your first intro. Welcome back. Glad your back on line and liking the 750. Nice looking ride.
            Albie Salsburg (1700 Rider)
            2009 Vulcan Voyager
            V&H Slipons
            Thunder MFG Air Kit
            "Ivan's Re-Flash"

Comment

Hi Lister this is BigBen im the 1 trying to get a V.R.A. started in the El Dorado area we have a few members already and are always looking for more it may be a little ways south of you but there are some nice back roads between here and there there is a few members in Mannhattan which is a little closer and they rode down to Cassody sunday before last very nice folks if you get a chance check us out we'd love to have ya with us and even though im new here let me also say welcome backhttp:// http:// http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WichitaVRA

Comment

Originally posted by Crackers2006 View Post
                Hi Lister,

Welcome back, hope you enjoy your new found visit. Nice looking bike, one of our members here in KY has a 750 also. Actually had 2 of them on our ride this past weekend.

Might check out the group not to far from you (about 1.7 hours in El Dorado) they are looking to get a chapter started. More friends to ride with.

Link to Thread

Let us know if we can help in anyway, lots of great folks here.
                Thank you. And I think I remember that guy with the two 750s. I remember
                talking to him a bit. He still around here?

Originally posted by 1700 Rider View Post
                I remember your first intro. Welcome back. Glad your back on line and liking the 750. Nice looking ride.
                I'm loving the 750. I wasn't a huge fan at first, but once I got the hang of things I just can't stay off it now. The more I ride, the more I love it. Actually took a little night ride with my buddy that rides a crotch rocket. Took some country roads under the moonlight. Fields were burning off in the distance. Was a good ride. Put on about 80 miles tonight.
                Originally posted by BigBEN View Post
                Hi Lister this is BigBen im the 1 trying to get a V.R.A. started in the El Dorado area we have a few members already and are always looking for more it may be a little ways south of you but there are some nice back roads between here and there there is a few members in Mannhattan which is a little closer and they rode down to Cassody sunday before last very nice folks if you get a chance check us out we'd love to have ya with us and even though im new here let me also say welcome backhttp:// http:// http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WichitaVRA
                Sweet I would be down for that. I have family in El Dorado, and I am down close to there for the Cassody rides. Was there on the last Cassody ride actually. We take the "scenic" roads back to Topeka. Beautiful ride. Even though a lot of fields were charred black in lots of places, still beautiful and fun.
                sigpic

Comment

The 750 is a bit top heavy, but a hell of a bike. It has enough power to get in trouble in a hurry. Until the VN2000 came along, the 750 was the quickest Vulcan in 1/4 mile.

Welcome back, good to see you posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Fly View Post
                    The 750 is a bit top heavy, but a hell of a bike. It has enough power to get in trouble in a hurry. Until the VN2000 came along, the 750 was the quickest Vulcan in 1/4 mile.

Welcome back, good to see you posting.
                    Yeah I was kind of surprised at how quick it was when I got it. Hell of a lot of fun.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yea i hear you been doing lots of range burning round here latley . Still wonder why it is they issue burn permits on the windest days. But if your talking about heading north out of Cassody on 77 then yes its always a nice little jont from Cassody to Cottonwood falls is a great little ride just got to watch the wind come over the flats at the 90 deg turns seen a good few crotch rockets mis judge them when the wind was strong .

Comment

Yeah it is a beautiful ride. We took the turnpike to Cassody though... and oh man, it was a windy s.o.b., the last time. It was horrible head wind. I was riding my bike like a damn sport bike just to stay on the thing. (I have no windshield, that would have helped a little.)

Haha had my passenger pegs down and had my feet on those things. Rode almost the whole way there like that. Horrible gas mileage...and getting sandblasted SUCKED. I was the only one with no windshield. That stuff hurts...
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X