Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indiana Lurker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana Lurker

Ok, so I've been hanging around here for the better part of a week, so I guess it's time to introduce myself.

I'm Philip, and I've been riding a 2001 Drifter 1500 for a few years now. It's getting close to where I want the bike, but there's always more "goodies" that I'd like to add. You know how it is......takes a couple of years before a bike gets where you want it, ya know?

Anyways, my wife and I ride all over Indiana, but we have yet to venture outside the state. We've had a lot of health issues that have limited us, but most of that is behind us for now, so the open road calls!

Most of our riding so far has been with our church. We go to a biker church, so many church events revolve around riding. It's pretty cool really. I mean, the problems that plague some rides aren't an issue when it's a church group riding together. Besides, the reactions of people when they find out this "biker gang" that just rolled into town is really a church are simply priceless!

So thats me........just a guy who loves to ride.

And since this is a Vulcan forum, here's mine...............

(Click to Enlarge)

I found out about this site when someone on another forum asked if anyone in Indiana wanted to ride. We started talking and he mentioned this group, so I came to check it out.
    Philip

Re: Indiana Lurker

Nice ride bro....and welcome to the group! We are glad to have you here and am looking forward to chattin with ya here!

Make sure you check out the Rally Page, would love to meet ya'll there
    Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
    Bullock
    Former VRA USA National President
    Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
    Crestview, Florida
    2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
    (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Gonna be a good weekend for riding. Got a ride scheduled for the afternoon on saturday, but seein how we live so close, maybe we could get together for an early ride.

let me know!
      Nightwind

Comment

Welcome to the group, hope you can make the rally as "Da Bull" says. Going to be a super time to be had by all.

Should you venture down into the Kentucky area or we get a chance to meet in the middle, we have lots of good riding time ahead.
        Debi
        Former President 10 Years
        Kentucky Vulcan Riders 1-12
        Spyder Ryder in 2021!

Comment

Welcome Philip from Colorado, hope you enjoy the Forum, awesome looking bike. Hope you and your wife have a great summer of riding. G.B.W.U.

Comment

Welcome aboard, enjoy and step right into any of the threads. Nice looking bike. Glad the health issues are no longer an issue, it is time to step outside state lines and do some trips. There are some great roads in Indiana, but it's time to "See the USA".

I really enjoyed the 99 Drifter I had for several months. Only got to put 27K miles on it, before totaling it in an accident, but it really was a good riding machine.

Comment

Well, thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

I've already found a few threads to throw my 2 cents into. I belong to a few other forums too, some model specific, so getting around the forum is easy enough. What intrigued me about this place was that the concept is to hook up local riders with a common interest, yet still connect them with a national body of riders. Most other forums seem to have a yearly get together, and maybe a member or two might catch up to on another from time to time, but thats about it.

My real problem now, like many others, is time. Life keeps getting in the way of riding! ;-) A buddy of mine and I started a business just before Christmas, and we're busting at the seams with work! It's a good problem to have, especially for a new startup, but it takes a lot of time, ya know?

Anyways, Sat. looks to be fine riding weather (check your PM's Nightwind), so I'll have to go for a ride......somewhere!
              Philip

Comment

Welcome to the best bunch of people around these folks are great

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Lurker, great bunch of folks here. Glad to hear the health issues are behind you now and there are good times ahead.
                  sigpicDan Denney
                  President
                  Fort Worth 1-25
                  Old bikers don't grow grey, they turn chrome.

Comment

Philip
                    making yourself at home, sharing some of your knowledge, and learning from other Vulcan owners.

throw in the added benefit of finding local people across the country to ride with.
                    what else could ya ask for?.lol..

Randy
                    07 Classic 1500
                    04 Mean Streak 1600
                    The destination is merely a by-product of the journey.

Comment

Not much.....
                      Philip

Comment

Great looking bike, I really love the front fender on the Drifters, Welcome, and as some have said before you have stumbled upon a great group of people with a wealth of knowledge to share!
                        Scottyg09900C 2009 Vulcan 900 Custom
                        sigpic
                        DENVER VULCAN RIDERS

Comment

Welcome Phillip...beautiful bike!
                          sigpic
                          Ride Safe!
                          GADAWG

Comment

I'm already discovering that "wealth of knowledge" you're talking about!

Thanks for the welcome everyone!
                            Philip

Comment

Welcome from southern Ohio
                              Every day is a holiday when you love your job,And if you don't you must live in a nightmare.

Comment

Working...
                              X