Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey from SW WA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey from SW WA

Greetings amigos,
    I saw the NVRF on a post on the Delphi Drifter Owners Group.
    I have two VN 1500s; an '05 Drifter that I bought new as a leftover NOS in Oct. 2006 which is sporting 2003 Ruby Red tins, a custom 2:1 exhaust and red-lines Metzeler tires, along with tach, custom seat, etc. Just over 30K on it now.
    Bike #2 is an '06 Classic 1500 Anniversary w/Tsukayu hardbags, GPS, custom seats and is set for touring.
    My wife and I have touched Florida on that bike, Texas a couple times and AZ/NM more times than I can count. It has a touch over 68k on it now. This year I'll be replacing the clutch discs and springs as the bike has done many miles two up and overloaded (by Ma Kaw standards) and needs freshening. Even as it is now, I'd have no problem packing it, getting on it and going anywhere I want to go.
    Both Vulcans have PC3s and I tweak them myself. I do all my own stuff on these bikes and have since day 1, excluding tire mounting and in the case of the Drifter, major engine work.
    I'm also reviving a somewhat neglected Orange and Cream '99 Honda Aero 1100. It's also looking good and runs like it should now.
    I "got back on" after an approx. 20 yr. hiatus in 2004.
    Always loved bikes; in 1975 while I was in the ARMY (11Bravo) my wife and my "family car" was a Yamaha DT 175. My wife webt to the hospital to deliver our first child on that bike.
    My wife will ride on behind but has no desire to ride her own but when I go out and fire up the Classic, she's leathered up and ready to ride.
    Figured out a long time ago there are just some people in this world who don't have the "fire in the belly" to ride their own. She's one of them and it's OK.
    We've seen places in this great country of ours that we'd not have seen any other way and I'm thankful for the experiences we've had on the road, even the massive hailstorm in Nebraska and snpw on the east side of Oregon.
    We ride because that's who we are and what we do.

Sorry for the novel; Ride safe all.

Rok

Re: Hey from SW WA

Hey Rok, welcome from upstate NY. Sounds like you enjoy working on those bikes. Like you I do all of my own work except tires. If the occasion arises, I would work on the engine. Unlike you, my wife wants nothing to do with the motorcyle, but she does not hinder me from riding.

Lots of good folks here and jump right in anytime.
    Albie Salsburg (1700 Rider)
    2009 Vulcan Voyager
    V&H Slipons
    Thunder MFG Air Kit
    "Ivan's Re-Flash"

Comment

Welcome aboard Rok, glad to have you with us. I also enjoy taking the bikes out for some long distance riding, the only difference is that my wife will not get on a bike, period.

Enjoy the forum, might want to see how close the WA VRA chapter is to you.

Comment

Welcome Rok,

hope you both can make the rally this year, always great to have another person with experience on the forum.
        Debi
        Former President 10 Years
        Kentucky Vulcan Riders 1-12
        Spyder Ryder in 2021!

Comment

Hi from Colorado. Welcome to the Forum, enjoy the ride

Comment

Welcome to the forum Rok, sounds like you have alot of experience to share. Your wife sounds alot like mine. It always puts a big smile on my face when I pull up from work and she meets with her gear on and ready to ride.
            sigpicDan Denney
            President
            Fort Worth 1-25
            Old bikers don't grow grey, they turn chrome.

Comment

welcome to the group Rok, glad you found us! Lots of good folks hear who love to "talk" and we look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Holler if you need anything!
              Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
              Bullock
              Former VRA USA National President
              Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
              Crestview, Florida
              2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
              (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

To the forum, Sounds like you have some great set ups and alot of tech knowledge you'll be able to share. Great group of people here. Also, Thank you for your service
                Scottyg09900C 2009 Vulcan 900 Custom
                sigpic
                DENVER VULCAN RIDERS

Comment

Welcome aboard Rok! You will like the friends and posts on this forum.

Ride Safe!
                  sigpic
                  Ride Safe!
                  GADAWG

Comment

Originally posted by Casey Keyes View Post
                    Hi from Colorado. Welcome to the Forum, enjoy the ride
                    Hi Casey,
                    I had the opportunity this year to visit your fair state. I have a longtime friend who lives in Fort Lupton. I was at a Drifter rally in Ogden last July and rode there to see him for a couple days. From there, I met a riding buddy I've covered lots of road with; he is from St. Louis. He rides a Valkyrie. Awesome bike but by the time he got to the Springs, the bike was sufferin' bad from elevation sickness. We pulled the tank in the hotel parking lot and opened the airbox. Removing the foam pre-filter from the K&N seemed to do the trick. From Springs we did something of a self-guided tour of the Rocky Mtns for the next few days. Saw Monarch Pass, Silverton, Black Canyon Nat'l. Park and ALOT of nice road. We rode as far as Central Montana after yellowstone and also rode Beartooth. EYE CANDY FOR FIVE STRAIGHT DAYS, Bro!! You live in a beautiful state, one that I plan to see again next year, this time the northern part from I-70, north.
                    We had t-storms every afternoon. The stretch of 550 between Ouray and Silverton is the most swesome I've seen anywhere!! Thanks for the note. Ride Safe and Ride far!
                    Rok

Comment

Originally posted by DaBull View Post
                      welcome to the group Rok, glad you found us! Lots of good folks hear who love to "talk" and we look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Holler if you need anything!
                      Hi Derry and thanks for the note!
                      Not sure if there are any partsmongers amongst us but I had a trans on my '06 Classic leave this earth on my last ride of the season. As luck would have it, it died near my borhter's house about 650 miles from here.
                      This is our 2-up bike and mama -aint- happy!
                      If you or any other of the brethren happen to know where there's a good 5-speed trans that'll work on my '05 Fi, please shout out. The engine can be toast but the price has gotta be right because I may be recruiting pro help on this repair.I'm fixed income now and this was NOT in the budget.:-(
                      Thanks again,
                      Rok

Comment

Originally posted by Rok View Post
                        Greetings amigos,

My wife webt to the hospital to deliver our first child on that bike.
                        WHAT a WOMAN!!! That is ... impressive as all hell.

Bienvenidos, y buenos dias de Yakima! Donde esta La Center?

Glad to meet another SW Washington person. There is another gentleman here as well. We are on a roll!!! Should we wait to get like ... five people before we start talking "chapter?"

This forum is a hoot. Stick around.
                        "Why sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
                        ~The Red Queen

Comment

It's amazing the stuff you can actually do when you're younger and there isn't an adult around to tell you that you can't!
                          Thanks Nette.
                          La Center's about 15 miles north of Portland, a couple miles off of I-5.

Sounds like a group ride is in the works! perhaps do the gorge.
                          Where are the other WA peeps from? We're very close to Vancouver.

Rok

Comment

Welcome aboard from Wisconsin.
                            Dan
                            Dan Hermans
                            Vulcan 1700 Voyager Trike

VROC 23134

Comment

Welcome from Central IL!
                              Randy - aka racinfan101
                              Central IL Chapter 1-39 President
                              2024/25 National President

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cent...?ref=bookmarks
                              2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

Working...
                              X