Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vulcan Rider in Las Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Vulcan Rider in Las Vegas

Hi All,

I picked up a 2007 Mean Streak and it's my first cruiser. I've been riding sportbikes for over 20 years and decided it was time to try a different type of bike. Don't get me wrong, I still love the track and I don't see me getting rid of that urge any time soon

Just wanted something a little more comfortable for the daily commute and weekend trips.

Re: New Vulcan Rider in Las Vegas

Welcome from upstate NY. How do ya like the Mean streak so far?
    Albie Salsburg (1700 Rider)
    2009 Vulcan Voyager
    V&H Slipons
    Thunder MFG Air Kit
    "Ivan's Re-Flash"

Comment

Welcome to the group! Glad to have you here! Make sure you hit up the Nevada Chapter!!!
      Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
      Bullock
      Former VRA USA National President
      Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
      Crestview, Florida
      2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
      (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Originally posted by 1700 Rider View Post
        Welcome from upstate NY. How do ya like the Mean streak so far?

I've had it 10 days and I've only put 1,000 miles on it so I'm still trying to get used to it. I like it, but it's a lot different than any of my other bikes.

It handles a lot better than I thought it would, I just wish it had a little more cornering clearance.

The only real issue I have with it is that I only get about 110 miles on a full tank of gas. But then again, I'm not really riding it nice either.

Comment

while a meanstreak appears to have a large tank, there is only like 3 gallons of gas usable due to tank design.....i think thats NUTS!! Make sure you post a question about that in the MeanStreak forum....would HATE to hear you ran out of gas!!!
          Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
          Bullock
          Former VRA USA National President
          Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
          Crestview, Florida
          2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
          (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Welcome from Georgia TripleNV!

Ride Safe!
            sigpic
            Ride Safe!
            GADAWG

Comment

Welcome, from a fellow former/still am at heart sportbiker... I completely understand what you mean about corner clearence and I'll up you one...that fealing when you used to take off from lights and look back and have no cagers around, and well on my bike maybe not so much on the mean streak, sometimes i have to fight for position on the road, but have to say, the comfert factor and the idea of being able to drive across country on my bike with no sore wrist or ass is what got me here, Glad to have ya
              Scottyg09900C 2009 Vulcan 900 Custom
              sigpic
              DENVER VULCAN RIDERS

Comment

TripleNV welcome to the forum. I am sure you will like it here and the years of cruiser experience can sometimes be very useful. I am president of the local chapter and hope you will take a look at our site. We are on meetup.com/vegasvulcanriders. Hope you will take a look and join us for some of the rides and club meetings. Look forward to meeting you!

Sam
                Sam B
                Vegas Vulcan Riders (1-42)

Comment

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

DaBull - The tank is listed at 4.5 gallons, but it seems only 3.5 or so are useable. From what everyone has told me, it has something to do with the fuel pump needing a gallon to keep cool and where the pickup is located. I guess I just have to get used to filling it up every 100 or so miles.

Scottyg - I know what you mean, there's no other feeling like hitting the throttle and instantly being 2 blocks ahead of any traffic. You are absolutely right about the comfort, it's the only bike I own that I can ride all day long and not even be a little sore anywhere.

Sam B - I'm planning on joining the local club, I'm just trying to work out a few details with my current club. But I will definitely be able to go out for some rides. BTW, Misti says "Hi". She gave me your name as soon as she found out that I bought a cruiser.

Comment

Welcome, I'm pretty new here myself, so it is good to see other new members.
                    Fish
                    Experience: That most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.

Comment

Welcome from the Buckeye state.
                      Every day is a holiday when you love your job,And if you don't you must live in a nightmare.

Comment

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike.
                        sigpicDan Denney
                        President
                        Fort Worth 1-25
                        Old bikers don't grow grey, they turn chrome.

Comment

Welcome to the forum! You will really enjoy the change after a while. Plus you can always hop back on your other bike for the highly technical stuff.

Riding in a pack on your cruiser will be a good exp for you too. Its a differting kind of feel, but you still feel the bike set into the corner and you end up holding a tigher line even though you dont lean as deep into it.

I have a friend that is a sport bike only rider but he linked me this repost of an article that really helped him see how we ride in a pack as exciting too...
                          http://www.fjrowners.ws/pace.html

Comment

great link lostzerocool, found it to be a interesting read
                            Scottyg09900C 2009 Vulcan 900 Custom
                            sigpic
                            DENVER VULCAN RIDERS

Comment

Working...
                            X