Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new member from FL & W. NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new member from FL & W. NC

I don't know how to work this site yet, I just purchased a 2008 Vulcan Nomad and I don't much about it, my previous bikes were Goldwings, so any tips you can give me concerning fuel, tires, etc. will be appreciated.

Re: new member from FL & W. NC

If is a FI, calls for the 90 octane gas, if it's carbed, the 87 octane is what's called for. Tires, you need round ones, any brand of the right size will do. Some of us have gone to the Darkside for rear tires, but that is a decision only you can make.

There is a separate sub-forum for the model specific bikes, 1500/1600 would be good to ask specific questions or to see what's already posted. You've got a good solid bike, well designed. Although it's not as comfortable for many days of a lot of miles, it's a cruiser and not a touring machine like the Wings.

Welcome aboard, we even like ex-Wingers here.

Comment

Welcome aboard redud! You will find the people on this forum more than willing to give feedback. Just a bunch of good people here who love to ride their Vulcans!
      sigpic
      Ride Safe!
      GADAWG

Comment

welcome to the forum
        vulcan 1500
        classic

Comment

Hey there! welcome to the forum, glad to have you here, your gonna love the Vulcan and the people here are more than willing to share tons of knowledge and experience with these bikes, again, welcome and let us know if you need anything
          Scottyg09900C 2009 Vulcan 900 Custom
          sigpic
          DENVER VULCAN RIDERS

Comment

welcome to the group Earl....glad you found us...looking forward to chattin with ya.

Holler if you need anything and be sure to check out our RALLY PAGE, would love to meet ya'll there!
            Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
            Bullock
            Former VRA USA National President
            Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
            Crestview, Florida
            2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
            (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Hope to see you at the rally.
              sigpicDan Denney
              President
              Fort Worth 1-25
              Old bikers don't grow grey, they turn chrome.

Comment

Welcome! These guys are full of advice, and a good percentatge of it is helpful too

You are going to enjoy it here... I promise

Comment

Originally posted by Fly View Post
                  If is a FI, calls for the 90 octane gas, if it's carbed, the 87 octane is what's called for. Tires, you need round ones, any brand of the right size will do. Some of us have gone to the Darkside for rear tires, but that is a decision only you can make.

There is a separate sub-forum for the model specific bikes, 1500/1600 would be good to ask specific questions or to see what's already posted. You've got a good solid bike, well designed. Although it's not as comfortable for many days of a lot of miles, it's a cruiser and not a touring machine like the Wings.

Welcome aboard, we even like ex-Wingers here.
                  Hey, thanks for the info, I can't wait to meet more members and get more good stuff, even goldwingers didn't know you neede round tires.

Comment

We'll help any way we can, Welcome from southern Ohio.
                    Every day is a holiday when you love your job,And if you don't you must live in a nightmare.

Comment

Working...
                    X