Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NOOB on an 09 Vulcan 900 Custom Special Edition in DC/NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOOB on an 09 Vulcan 900 Custom Special Edition in DC/NC

Hi all,
    I just bought an 09 Vulcan 900 Custom Special Edition. Everything is stock except the baffles and mufflers have been removed, and I've got a Switchblade wind-shield. I'm a new rider all around and think it's the perfect size for me to learn and improve on, as well as use as a daily commuter. I'm in the DC area currently but moving down to NC in the next month or two. Looking forward to being able to ride 10-11 months of the year.

I am looking for a good 3-4 season jacket that can handle the NC hot and humid summers, as well as the random thunderstorms that pop up in the summer, and the cooler fall/winter months. Anyone have any recommendations? I've been eyeing the Tourmaster Flex 2....

Re: NOOB on an 09 Vulcan 900 Custom Special Edition in DC/NC

You will like your 900, it is a nice bike. My wife and I both ride one. I can't help you with an all seasons type jacket seeing how it gets to hot to think about here and a summer shower is nice to cool you off and and in about 30 min you're dry already,lol. Welcome to the forum,
    sigpicDan Denney
    President
    Fort Worth 1-25
    Old bikers don't grow grey, they turn chrome.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, and nice bike, my bro has the same one, and I have the normal custom with some mod's, Look into a nice textile water resistant jacket, with removable liner, and some good vents in it, not get mesh, as it will only be good for summer, Mines from a company called stength and speed, relitively cheap, I've yet to get wet in the rain, and its good over all from hot to cool weather
      Scottyg09900C 2009 Vulcan 900 Custom
      sigpic
      DENVER VULCAN RIDERS

Comment

welcome to the group Beau,

Glad you found us and looking forward to chattin with ya!

Make sure you check out the RALLY PAGE, would love to meet you there and, be sure to check out our VRA STORE

holler if you need anything!
        Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
        Bullock
        Former VRA USA National President
        Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
        Crestview, Florida
        2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
        (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Welcom to the forum! I had a Joe Rocket with a remove able liner that I used most of the time. This last few years I wear I leather Jacket with a liner in the cold months and keep a set of rain gear in the saddle bags. Then I roll up the Jacket and bungie it to my bike when it gets real hot and just have my leather vest.

But that Joe Rocket one was pretty good for all weather, with vents and removeable liner. My buddythat have the Tour master one calls me a pirate now that I switch to leathers...lol. He loves the tourmaster one and never rides with out it.
          Last edited by lostzerocool; 05-31-2011, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the forum bdobbs! Check out LeatherUp.com, I have bought several jackets, helmets, etc... from them with good service and prices.
            sigpic
            Ride Safe!
            GADAWG

Comment

Scotty's advice is the same I'd give. A water resistant one, with removable liner. Being water resistant, it keeps ut the wind quite well, with a liner it can keep you warm in quite cold conditions.

Zippered sleeves allow for comfortable riding in hot conditions. I wear mine in the Badlands at 110+, keep one sleeve zipped shut, neck zipped tight and when my shirt is wet, stick an open sleeve out in the wind, cools you down quite well.

Comment

Welcome from southern Ohio,and welcome to the site.
                Every day is a holiday when you love your job,And if you don't you must live in a nightmare.

Comment

Working...
                X