Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member from central Missouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member from central Missouri

Hi everyone. My name is Ed Strodtman but all my friends call me Smokey and I consider everyone here a friend. I live on a farm near the very small mid-MO town of Gilliam and have been a native of the Show-Me state for all my life. I'm 59 years old and have been married to the same very sweet lady for the last 28 years. We met at a biker rally at Lake Perry, Kansas.
    I have two stepchildren and three step-grandchildren. At the present time I work at the Walmart in Marshall, MO.

My present ride is a '99 1500 Drifter, which is my second Vulcan. I also had a '95 model 800A. I have loved both my Vulcans: they have been very reliable, comfortable, ran good, and got decent gas mileage. I bought my Drifter as a leftover in the fall of 2001 for $9,500 new, which I thought was a heck of a deal. Most of the guys I ride with have Harleys and a lot of them dig the old Indian look. I myself have had 3 Harleys, all bought new, and I put over 150,000 miles on them. I like all bikes but am no longer limber enough to ride a sport bike. I have been riding since 1972.

I look forward to posting on this forum and hopefully will someday get to meet some of the members. I also hope that someday VRA will establish a mid-MO chapter, perhaps based in Columbia or Jefferson City. I am very active in a MO motorcycle rights organization called Freedom of Road Riders. We keep a lobbyist in the state capitol to monitor legislation affecting motorcyclists and sponsor bills that will benefit them. Among our goals are modification of the mandatory helmet law to give freedom of choice to riders 21 and older, promoting and teaching rider education at several sites throughout the state, and sponsoring events to finance our projects.

Thanks for reading my long dissertation. If you are ever in MO and see a '99 Drifter with a B-FREE MO tag on the back and a tall guy riding it, stop me and we can shoot the bull and maybe go for a ride. I hope everyone has a great riding season this year!

be free,
    Smokey

Re: New member from central Missouri

welcome to the group smokey! Glad you found us... There are 38 Members in our database that show MO as home state..B1aze is looking to start a chapter in the St Louis Metro East, and surrounding area chapter.....if you are interested in starting a chapter put a post in the "Interested in Starting a Chapter" forum, and our Chapter coordinators will be glad to help you make it a reality.

Make sure you check out the RALLY PAGE, would love to meet you there and, be sure to check out our VRA STORE

holler if you need anything!
    Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
    Bullock
    Former VRA USA National President
    Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
    Crestview, Florida
    2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
    (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Welcome Smokey;

Great folks here, Drifter's are one very nice looking bike.
      Debi
      Former President 10 Years
      Kentucky Vulcan Riders 1-12
      Spyder Ryder in 2021!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado. Hope you enjoy the Forum, lots of good folks and information here.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Smokey!
          sigpic
          Ride Safe!
          GADAWG

Comment

Welcome to the forum Smokey, nice bike and your gonna dig the folks in here, very helpful, welcome aboard
            Scottyg09900C 2009 Vulcan 900 Custom
            sigpic
            DENVER VULCAN RIDERS

Comment

Long time, no see, Smokey... I remember riding in your side hack and stopping to watch a demolition derby one night... long time ago in a different life for me!

Oh, yeah, This is Dino Stephens...
              sigpic

Former:
              2002 1500 Vulcan Nomad
              2003 1500 Vulcan carbed Classic
              1987 Yamaha FZR 1000 Genesis
              1979 Honda CB 750
              1978 Honda CB 750
              1980 Harley-Davidson XLH ironhead Sportster

Comment

Welcome smokey. I'm about 150 miles from you, just east of St. Louis in Illinois. Some nice riding around here, southern Missouri, river road along the Mississippi, and of course the Ozarks. Enjoy.
                2009 Vulcan VN900B Classic - Candy Plasma Blue

Comment

Welcome from Tennessee.
                  JC
                  '00 Suzuki DRZ400e
                  '06 Yamaha Raptor 700R; '06 Honda TRX300EX
                  '06 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 Classic LT/Darkside
                  sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
                    sigpicDan Denney
                    President
                    Fort Worth 1-25
                    Old bikers don't grow grey, they turn chrome.

Comment

Welcome from southern Ohio.
                      Every day is a holiday when you love your job,And if you don't you must live in a nightmare.

Comment

Hi Smokey, i live in ks not far from perry lake....maybe you and your wife can ride up this way sometime and we can ride over there and you two can take a moment back in time!!!

Comment

Welcome from Central Illinois! I grew up in NE MO near Hannibal and my Dad still lives down that way. Pretty new to this forum myself a bunch of nice folks on here!
                          Randy - aka racinfan101
                          Central IL Chapter 1-39 President
                          2024/25 National President

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cent...?ref=bookmarks
                          2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

Working...
                          X