Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Considering an 07 Nomad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering an 07 Nomad

Hi All,

59 year old rider here-Currently have a Shadow 750 in Michigan and a Thunderbird Triumph 1600 SE in Florida. I took a test spin on a 2007 Nomad with 14K miles and was impressed with the ride. Joined here to try to get some idea of long term ownership and anything to look for with a used bike. The seller is asking $7900 and wondering how that stacked up. I have been riding for 9 years. My wife of 30 years started riding 2 years ago and has a Zuki Boulevard S50 and we usually do 100-300 mile days. When she does not want to take her ride we go 2 up. I'm wondering how the stock Nomad seat is for long hauls or if everyone has to do a Mustang or Corbin swap? This particular bike has a "raised up" windscreen as well as big lowers-I did not seem to have any buffetting and figured it must have been an issue. I will dig through the archives and see if I can get some answers but I had to do an introductory post so here it is. I work as a diesel engineer/captain aboard a 100' boat in the Great Lakes and Florida so do most of my own repairs etc but would rather not have to wrench but prefer to ride.

Happy Fourth-
    Freedom is not Free but paid for by the Blood of our Armed Forces.

Best,

Capt T

2005 Shadow Aero 750
    2010 Triumph Thunderbird 1600 SE ABS
    old rides- 1989 Honda Pacific Coast
    1975 BMW R90/6

Re: Considering an 07 Nomad

Capt T...welcome aboard!

The Nomad is typically a sound bike. I have a 2005 1600 and it is very comfortable for a long haul.

I am 6'2" and yes, there is buffeting...i look just over the top of my shield...not so much a problem with half helmet, but at highway speeds with a FF helmet will rattle the brain...

Definitely not a power house, but alot of torque...

As for the seat, I replaced mine with a mustang...but seats are in the are in the beholders hind quarters....

Overall...I love my Nomad

Again...welcome to the group!
    Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
    Bullock
    Former VRA USA National President
    Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
    Crestview, Florida
    2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
    (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Thanks for the input. I will have to take a longer faster test ride to get a feel for the bike. It's similar in size to my Triumph Thunderbird so that is not an issue. Sure comes loaded with touring goodies that I always seem to have to buy. I will report back if I close the deal.

Thanks,

Capt T

Comment

t- bird I own a 1600 nomad and me and my wife ride two up alot and average 100 miles to 400 miles and we love it ,it handles good and we load it down and take 3 day trips to tenn,.it is a 2007 model and has 40.ooo miles on her ..great bike and sounds good with vance & hines pipes,

Comment

My '02 NAD 1500 Fi is, well, perfect. Purrs like a large kitten, is comfy and has all the power and on board storage I need. You can't beat the Vulcan reliability with proper TLC. Barring any unforeseen changes, she could be the last bike I own.
          mikewithabike
          Listen to my music HERE
          VROC #29972
          Killing bugs... one at a time
          2012 Vulcan Nomad 1700 - Mine 09/13
          http://www.reverbnation.com/mikehaley

Comment

Well I snoozed and I loozed-the Nomad sold off the lost last week . My hesitation was over the V-twin motor. I am not trying to start a troll war or get flamed but V twins do vibrate more than parallel or horizontal twins, v fours or inline 3 and 4 engines. Literally different strokes for different folks and I just can't stand the rumble and vibrations. That said the Nomad was the smoothest of all the v twins I have ridden and handled much better than it's size would suggest. I'm considering an older Valkyrie 1500 (horizontal 6 cylinder and 6 carbs ) and going to check out the Royal Star Venture. A different idea is an BMW K750 RT or some smaller lighter sport touring bike. Fuel INjection is under rated and I think it's worth having. The Nomad is totally not out of the question but the summers over and I'm heading back to Florida where I have my new Thunderbird 1600 that is not too shabby of a ride. I will buy something next June in Motown for sure.

Best to all and ride safe,

Capt T

Comment

Working...
            X