Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member from the Tampa, Fl area.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member from the Tampa, Fl area.

Hello to all fellow Vulcan riders. I'm a recent purchaser of a brand new 2009 Vulcan 900 Classic LT. I got a great deal from the local dealer on one of the leftover new 2009 models. It is the most comfortable bike I have ever ridden (once I replaced the stock saddle with the Mustang one-piece). I swear I didn't feel my ass for the first two weeks I had the bike, lol. I have since added a Cobra highway bar and some Kurakyn Wing pegs to replace the stock passenger pegs. I plan on new pipes soon to add a little more growl to the motor, along with other chrome "bling" pieces. Not looking to modify the engine too much as it gives me plenty of torque to get from A to B. Anyway, just saying "Hi" and I look forward to meeting some of the local members for a ride. It will be nice to get away from the Harley "brainwash" culture and ride with some quality metric bikers. Until then...
    Best regards and ride safely,

Marshall
    "Where your head goes, your ass is sure to follow."

Re: New member from the Tampa, Fl area.

welcome to the group MArshall....glad you found us!!

There are two groups from florida heading up to our National rally...if you can make it we'd love to meet you there!
    Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
    Bullock
    Former VRA USA National President
    Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
    Crestview, Florida
    2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
    (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Marshall, welcome to the forum!
      sigpic
      Ride Safe!
      GADAWG

Comment

Thanks for the Warm welcome!

Marshall

Comment

Welcome from Colorado !!

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Great choice, and thanks for reminding me I need a new freaking seat, lol the 200 miles I put on her the other day did a good job of that though, just looking for the right stylish 2 up seat to come along
            Scottyg09900C 2009 Vulcan 900 Custom
            sigpic
            DENVER VULCAN RIDERS

Comment

Yes, my brother, a good seat was the best addition we have made to the bike. I highly recommend the Mustang seat line for comfort. Our new seat has more than doubled our riding range before the required "ass breather". lol. Good luck on your search. I understand the need for the right style. It sucks being such a slave to the cosmetics of our bikes. I feel like my lady picking out the right shoes to wear sometimes.

Marshall

Comment

Welcome from spouthern Ohio.
                Every day is a holiday when you love your job,And if you don't you must live in a nightmare.

Comment

Welcome from Tennessee
                  JC
                  '00 Suzuki DRZ400e
                  '06 Yamaha Raptor 700R; '06 Honda TRX300EX
                  '06 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 Classic LT/Darkside
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oinker65 View Post
                    Yes, my brother, a good seat was the best addition we have made to the bike. I highly recommend the Mustang seat line for comfort. Our new seat has more than doubled our riding range before the required "ass breather". lol. Good luck on your search. I understand the need for the right style. It sucks being such a slave to the cosmetics of our bikes. I feel like my lady picking out the right shoes to wear sometimes.
                    this is funny but so true, i've found a guy that you send you stock seat to , and he remakes it the way you want, for alot cheaper than a new seat, thinking I am gonna go this route... I'm pretty south in GA like on the freakin boarder, so I may be doing some rides with the FL chapters if they'll have me along the way you should get involved with the central FL chapter, my grandparents live in Lackland so I'll be down by Tampa, and plan on Daytona this year!
                    sigpic
                    DENVER VULCAN RIDERS

Comment

Just a note about getting a stock seat reshaped or even having the stock seat form replaced with better foam. Some local custom auto seat rebuilders will do the job in a day or two and at good prices. If the shape changes enough, they can even make a custom cover for it.

Especially during riding season, an extra week for shipping can mean a lot.

Comment

That sounds great. Let me know when your in the area and we will roll together....

Marshall

Comment

scotty come on down Fl 1-2 is always ready for a run

Comment

Originally posted by Fly View Post
                            Just a note about getting a stock seat reshaped or even having the stock seat form replaced with better foam. Some local custom auto seat rebuilders will do the job in a day or two and at good prices. If the shape changes enough, they can even make a custom cover for it.

Especially during riding season, an extra week for shipping can mean a lot.
                            I hear ya Fly, this guy takes a $100 core charge up front, then refunds it when you ship him yours back... Lately though I've been thinking more like you, lol , I got a good knife, some extra foam, spray adhesive, fridge full of beer and a good staple gun... might go out on a limb and try to tackle this one myself, what ya think, any tips?

Originally posted by Oinker65 View Post
                            That sounds great. Let me know when your in the area and we will roll together....
                            I'll let you know for sure, and I'd deffiently be interested in checking out the gun shop you were talking bout in the other post, you planning on Daytona at all?

Originally posted by peajinks View Post
                            scotty come on down Fl 1-2 is always ready for a run
                            Sounds good I'll let you guys know whenever I'm heading down that way
                            sigpic
                            DENVER VULCAN RIDERS

Comment

Originally posted by Scottyg09900C View Post
                              I'll let you know for sure, and I'd deffiently be interested in checking out the gun shop you were talking bout in the other post, you planning on Daytona at all?

Sounds good I'll let you guys know whenever I'm heading down that way
                              I've never done Daytona. Would love to check it out. Let me know when you want to check out the shop. Guns are a passion and possibly my next career.

Marshall

Comment

Working...
                              X