Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy from Oregon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy from Oregon.

Hello all, my name is Randy, I'm in the early planning stage of buying an Vulcan 2000 LT Classic, and was looking for a place, to get info on this motorcycle, I'm a bigger guy, (6'1" 320 lbs), and was looking at the size, and price of a used 2000, between 07, to 09, so hope you all don't mind a non bike owner here, I have all my kids raised, and it's time to play!! So, I see I have a lot of reading to do, and I'm not against buy a 1600 either, just like the idea of some day soon, owning the biggest V-twin cruiser on the road!

Re: Howdy from Oregon.

hi scappoose...welcome to the group...glad you found us....

I am 6'2" and have a 05 Nomad 1600 and love it

Gonna be quiet here for the next few days as many of us are heading to Stecoah NC for our VRA Annual Rally..

Again, welcome and holler if you need anything....
    Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
    Bullock
    Former VRA USA National President
    Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
    Crestview, Florida
    2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
    (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Originally posted by DaBull View Post
      hi scappoose...welcome to the group...glad you found us....

I am 6'2" and have a 05 Nomad 1600 and love it

Gonna be quiet here for the next few days as many of us are heading to Stecoah NC for our VRA Annual Rally..

Again, welcome and holler if you need anything....
      Thanks for the welcome!!! I wish I could be there with you all..

Comment

Welcome to the forum...unfortunately I am not going to make it to the rally, so if you need someone to BS with just holler. As for the 2000 Classic LT, I have never ridden one but have read many good reviews. I ride a 1700 Classic LT, but I am only 5'7" and 190 LBS so it is PLENTY of bike for me.

PS, nothing on this forum but a bunch of friendly Vulcan riders or Vulcan friends! You will like this forum.
        sigpic
        Ride Safe!
        GADAWG

Comment

Welcome to the forum, the Vulcan family of bikes is great no matter what you land on, you will be satisified, hit the 2000 subthread for specific questions and all the others for general BS, again welcome and glad to have ya, let us know if you need anything
          Scottyg09900C 2009 Vulcan 900 Custom
          sigpic
          DENVER VULCAN RIDERS

Comment

Thanks for the welcome!! I was looking at Harley, but I'm not the type to have the same bike, that everyone else has, and I can't get passed the extra 4K dollar's for the Harley name, I have been impressed with the LT Classic bike's, and I'm hung up on the 1700, and the 2000, just love the look and style of the LT Classic..

Comment

Welcome to the VRA Forum !!! Here is my 2 cents worth on the Vulcan 2000 Classic Lt. or as many refer to as (THE BEAST) I have had mine for a little over a year and I really like it. 40 to 48 MPG if you can control yourself on the throttle. (PLENTY OF POWER !!) Good storage space on the bags. Stock exhaust are a little to quiet in my opinion so you might want to shop for one that already has aftermarket exhaust to save $$$ unless you like peace and quiet. (still trying to decide what exhaust to put on mine). You will need to have the suspension adjusted to the highest setting if you are going to haul luggage or passenger. Stock seat is a little uncomfortable but I put a Bak Up Drivers Backrest on mine and that fixed it for me or you can go to the Mustang seat. Seems to be a trouble free bike over all and it is a joy to ride on the highway and it sits low to the ground (26.8 seat height) if you have short legs like me. If you watch the internet or shop around you should be able to get a excellent price on a used one, I think some people get one and it is to much machine for them. I bought my 2009 brand new in 2010 straight off the dealer floor for $12000. MSRP is $15200. Over all if you can get a good price on one I would recommend buying it.

If you click on the picture of mine to the left of my name it will enlarge and you can get an idea of of what they look like with drivers backrest and Mustang studded trunk bag etc. Good luck with you search and again welcome.

Comment

Here is the one I have been drooling over, its an 08, 1100 miles, for 8995.00, what do ya think, it appears to be stock...

Comment

Beautiful bike!
                  sigpic
                  Ride Safe!
                  GADAWG

Comment

Sweet !!!!!!!!!!!!!! good price too.

Comment

Welcom from southern Ohio.
                      Every day is a holiday when you love your job,And if you don't you must live in a nightmare.

Comment

Welcome from Tennessee
                        JC
                        '00 Suzuki DRZ400e
                        '06 Yamaha Raptor 700R; '06 Honda TRX300EX
                        '06 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 Classic LT/Darkside
                        sigpic

Comment

Did you buy the scoot? did ya? huh? huh? howdy back at ya from Oregon, I am in Beaverton.
                          Soul

Comment

Welcome -I am new on this forum myself but have been on similar forums and they are great for getting information! Just got my first Vulcan recently (1700 Nomad) The one you are looking at is sweet!!! Price does not seem bad at all for that new with that low of miles.
                            Randy - aka racinfan101
                            Central IL Chapter 1-39 President
                            2024/25 National President

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cent...?ref=bookmarks
                            2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

The V2K is the bike for us big guys 6'4" and 280. I just got back from Florida on my beast and it was wonderful. Rides like a dream on the interstate. Casey is correct, the suspension must be adjusted...
                              Last edited by jcoomer; 07-16-2011, 03:59 PM. Reason: changes to post
                              JC
                              '00 Suzuki DRZ400e
                              '06 Yamaha Raptor 700R; '06 Honda TRX300EX
                              '06 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 Classic LT/Darkside
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X