Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member West Central IL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member West Central IL

Hello Everyone,
    Glad to be here on this site - first time Vulcan owner recently upgraded to a 2010 Nomad from a Honda Shadow ACE quite a jump in displacement to say the least! Started riding about 4 years ago and was looking for a Vulcan 750 when I ran across my ACE. So here it is 4 years later and I finally have a Vulcan. Everything I had ever read on the Nomad line from the 1500s, 1600s & 1700s was positive and I love the classic style and always thought Nomads had the right "look" of course I suppose that is subjective but I imagine many of you agree. I live about 35 miles southwest of Peoria IL and see more and more Vulcan 900s and a few 1700s & Nomads here and there.
    Randy - aka racinfan101
    Central IL Chapter 1-39 President
    2024/25 National President

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cent...?ref=bookmarks
    2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Re: New Member West Central IL

Welcome. A bunch of the clan are down at the rally this week but will chime in when they get back online.

Comment

Thank You! I gathered by reading some of the posts last night there is quite the rally going on.
      Randy - aka racinfan101

2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

Welcome from the rally!!
        Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
        Bullock
        Former VRA USA National President
        Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
        Crestview, Florida
        2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
        (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Welcome from Colorado !!!!!!!!

Comment

Welcome from Tennessee
            JC
            '00 Suzuki DRZ400e
            '06 Yamaha Raptor 700R; '06 Honda TRX300EX
            '06 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 Classic LT/Darkside
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the welcome everyone!
              Randy - aka racinfan101

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
                sigpic
                Ride Safe!
                GADAWG

Comment

Welcome to the forum, and I can tell from the Sig pic you got now, thats a great looking scoot, us 900 guys are all over, and I feel the VN900 is the best ever smaller displacement bike around, including the HD sportster, and theres alot of bike rags that agree, anyway welcome aboard, sure glad to have ya
                  Scottyg09900C 2009 Vulcan 900 Custom
                  sigpic
                  DENVER VULCAN RIDERS

Comment

Thanks Scotty! I started off with a 750 Shadow and very nearly traded up to a VN900 a couple of years back it an outstanding bike for the price. I knew someone who loves Heritage Softails but could not afford the price. I tried to get them to go look at a 900 but they had to have that HD name and went and got a sportster to this day I think it was a mistake. I was admiring the Nomads at the same time I was looking at the 900 and happened upon this 2010 this past spring. Did not get a deal I wanted at the time so waited and checked back two months later and by then they were ready to deal a little more.
                    Randy - aka racinfan101

Comment

i'm glad you waited it out, you got an awsome bike there, and it will give you years of trouble free riding unlike all HD's, I love HD's dont get me wrong, but I look at my bike the VN900 as the equvilant of a Dyna, with a sportster style motor that wont leak oil on me, lol
                      sigpic
                      DENVER VULCAN RIDERS

Comment

Well at least the price was pretty good. I had a friend with an 06 HD Road King and he traded it off on an 2012 Ultra Classic. I dont know what he paid for the Ultra Classic but I did learn that he still owed darn near as much on his Road King as what I paid for my Nomad and he had been payin on the thing for about three years!
                        Randy - aka racinfan101

Comment

lol, yeah my buddy bought a 11 Super Glide, amazing bike but he has almost 10 grand more into it than mine, and its been in the shop 3 times already, I hate calling up my HD riding buddys and hearing they can't ride cause the bikes in the shop, or just not running right, lol
                          sigpic
                          DENVER VULCAN RIDERS

Comment

Working...
                          X