Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Central Florida!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Greetings from Central Florida!

Well said Kipfire!
    Best regards and ride safely,

Marshall
    "Where your head goes, your ass is sure to follow."

Comment

There is without a doubt vast differeces in quality from some manufactures weapons to others I agree, what I was refering to is if a shooter can only handle a. 22 but can put it right on the bridge of an intrudes nose at 35ft as opposed to not hitting the broadside of a barn with let's say a 45 acp, they better stick to the 22 and leave the ego out of the decsion when buying it. Also ammo is a factor as well I have a sig p229 that will actually jam once in a great while with cheap cheap target ammo, im talking steel cased stuff that ur really not supposed to use neway but u get my point, but I agree i'd take my sig or a glock over a ruger or taurus anyday, don't care that I have to pay more, my familys safety is well worth it
      Scottyg09900C 2009 Vulcan 900 Custom
      sigpic
      DENVER VULCAN RIDERS

Comment

Here here, Scotty and Christian!

Now, I made that reference between the two guns, the Sig and the Glock. The both had the same situation, same distance, everything similar. The guy with the Glock had to move in closer to actually hit the lights on the poles to take them out, and took many more shots than the gent with the Sig. He never moved to take the shots either.

Now, that tells me the Glock was less accurate at a longer distance. And, in any given situation, especially in a break in, I wouldn't WANT to get any closer than I have to be. Distance is best.

I do say, we own several guns in our house, but I will bet my life on my Sig too. The glock is nice, very stable, and a great work horse, but I still love my Sig!

I'd probably grab the shot gun if anyone enters my house though. Much better damage to be done. ^_^
        My first love:
        ~
        2007 VN900 Custom~*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SoldierofTwilight View Post
          Here here, Scotty and Christian!

Now, I made that reference between the two guns, the Sig and the Glock. The both had the same situation, same distance, everything similar. The guy with the Glock had to move in closer to actually hit the lights on the poles to take them out, and took many more shots than the gent with the Sig. He never moved to take the shots either.

Now, that tells me the Glock was less accurate at a longer distance. And, in any given situation, especially in a break in, I wouldn't WANT to get any closer than I have to be. Distance is best.

I do say, we own several guns in our house, but I will bet my life on my Sig too. The glock is nice, very stable, and a great work horse, but I still love my Sig!

I'd probably grab the shot gun if anyone enters my house though. Much better damage to be done. ^_^

NOTE TO SELF: Don't drink Blue at next Rally and stumble into SOTs tent by mistake!!!!
          Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
          Bullock
          Former VRA USA National President
          Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
          Crestview, Florida
          2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
          (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Now, now. I'm not that bad. That'll depend on what you're looking for! ;**
            My first love:
            ~
            2007 VN900 Custom~*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SoldierofTwilight View Post
              Now, now. I'm not that bad. That'll depend on what you're looking for! ;**
              He stumbled into John's (Slicks) tent at the rally. Not sure if it was by mistake or not.
              Albie Salsburg (1700 Rider)
              2009 Vulcan Voyager
              V&H Slipons
              Thunder MFG Air Kit
              "Ivan's Re-Flash"

Comment

Thanks Oinker!

And I know what you mean Scotty. If you can only shoot a .22, it beats the hell out of trying to shoot a .500 S & W if you can't hit anything with it. I was just thinking that you could be like Carlos Hathcock, but if you have an unreliable weapon, you are a dead man. Sorry to hear about the SIG. I am surprised that it jams even with the steel hulls. Ramp polish job, perhaps?

SOT, you got it. You could be chased by a headhunter from the Amazon jungle who has never seen a car, and if he hears you racking a 12 gauge, he will pursue some other, less intimidating head to hang from his belt. There is no mistaking that sound and at close range, they are devastating.
                Christian - Vermont -
                sigpic
                "Watch out, you might get what you're after."

Comment

Heh, yeah. Tell me about it!
                  Now, I do have issues with some of our guns jamming no matter what brand they are because of cheap ammo.

Then again, I wouldn't want to defend my life with regular ammo anyway. I use the best defensive rounds I can. I also use the Mustang extended mag for my Sig since it fits quite well, but if I try to put all 7 rounds in it, its just too tight a fit and won't rack, so I just do 6 and it's great. Plus, I love the extended pinky part.
                  My first love:
                  ~
                  2007 VN900 Custom~*
                  sigpic

Comment

Nice! My Sig has the 13 round clips. Plus one up the pipe for 14 total. That is the Sig/Sauer P226. Made in W. Germany before the wall came down actually. Been around a while but still reliable as the day is long. I had tritium sights put on, back and front. Can aim accurately in darkness.

0o0 is the sight picture. "I still SEE you" Bang!
                    Christian - Vermont -
                    sigpic

Comment

Ooh. I love my tritium night sites. I'd love to have the lazer grips though, but I love my cherry wood grips, I can't give em up!
                      My first love:
                      ~
                      2007 VN900 Custom~*
                      sigpic

Comment

They sights are nice, aren't they? The grips would stop me from going laser though too. I was looking at the machined aluminum from Hogue. Either bright silver or maybe the blue. Not as nice as wood by a long shot, but less chance I'll screw 'em up. Some of those wood panels are just too damn pretty! The 226 is not a handsome gun, but I'll go for function over form and the aluminum panel grips will last forever no matter how hard I try to wreck them.
                        Christian - Vermont -
                        sigpic

Comment

welcome to the forum from north Texas.
                          sigpicDan Denney
                          President
                          Fort Worth 1-25
                          Old bikers don't grow grey, they turn chrome.

Comment

Thanks Pops! I like your quote, by the way!
                            My first love:
                            ~
                            2007 VN900 Custom~*
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X