Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Almost there, SE Iowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost there, SE Iowa

Greetings from a new forum member from Southeast Iowa! I feel I should state that I'm more of an "intern" at this point, however.

I have just purchased an '01 Vulcan 500 from my father-in-law, who bought it from an insurance company after a wreck (he's a Harley-riding auto-body guy). He's had it sitting in his garage for a few years, waiting for some "free time" to fix it up. When I discovered that it had only 2492 miles on a 10 year old bike, I convinced him to sell it to someone who would dedicate the time in getting it back on the road...ME!

It's in fairly decent condition...turn signals and pegs have been replaced, as well as the clutch lever and pipes. There's a dent in the tank, but the only frame work that needs done is on the rear fender struts. The fender bolts on, but it's not completely straight.

I've had it fired up and rode it around the block, but I believe it needs some carb work...getting some fuel in the air cleaner, and it doesn't want to idle anymore. I'll begin tearing into it tonight.

Oh, and for the record, this is my first bike I've owned, and I haven't ridden since dirt bikes 25 years ago!

Well welcome aboard from Northwest Ohio! It is alway nice to see new blood in the forum. I am sure that you will love your bike. It should be a lot more comfortable of a ride then the dirt bikes of 25 years ago. LOL! Welcome again...
    Steven "Jester" Carr
    President
    Northwest Ohio VRA
    Chapter 1-19
    Napoleon, Ohio
    2009 Vulcan 1700 Nomad
    VROC #31961

Comment

Re: Almost there, SE Iowa

Welcome to the group!!!l. Lot of shade tree mechanics here too help if you need it!!!holler if you need anything!!
      Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
      Bullock
      Former VRA USA National President
      Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
      Crestview, Florida
      2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
      (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Most excellent and welcome aboard the forum. You're fairly close to some of the Greater Iowa Chapter, drop in on our little sub-forum and get to know the guys.

There is also a sub-forum just for the Vulcan 500, you'll probably get some good advice there on any problem you run into in getting it back. The 500 has a great engine and with the gearing it's got, will more than stay up with the 1500/1600 Vulcans up to and including interstate speeds.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado !!!!!!!!! Good Luck on the bike project

Comment

Welcome from Central IL!! I get over to SE Iowa on ocassion (Keokuk)
            Randy - aka racinfan101
            Central IL Chapter 1-39 President
            2024/25 National President

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cent...?ref=bookmarks
            2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

Welcome from Middle Tennessee and congratulations
              JC
              '00 Suzuki DRZ400e
              '06 Yamaha Raptor 700R; '06 Honda TRX300EX
              '06 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 Classic LT/Darkside
              sigpic

Comment

Welcome aboard from Wisconsin.
                Dan
                Dan Hermans
                Vulcan 1700 Voyager Trike

VROC 23134

Comment

Welcome aboard from The Lone Star state, have fun with the 500 project.
                  sigpicDan Denney
                  President
                  Fort Worth 1-25
                  Old bikers don't grow grey, they turn chrome.

Comment

Welcome from the Florida west coast. Have fun with your project bike. The experience will make riding it that much more enjoyable.
                    Best regards and ride safely,

Marshall
                    "Where your head goes, your ass is sure to follow."

Comment

Working...
                    X