Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start a VRA Chapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start a VRA Chapter

I would like to start a chapter in the Victor Valley area of San Bernardino County.

Is that area around Victorville and Apple Valley? I'm in the Antelope Valley and ride with San Diego regularly if you want to meet up sometime.
    San Diego Vulcan Riders 1-24
    https://sdvra.com
    • 2002 VN1500P Mean Streak
    • 2006 VN1600B Mean Streak
    • 2013 VN1700J Vaquero

Comment

Hey Nathan,

I got your email asking about how to start a chapter. I am guessing that you found the information found at this link - http://vulcanriders.us/how-to-start-a-vra-chapter/ if not check it out it explains it pretty well. I will send you a bit of additional information as well and I will include Jim Ehlinger the Chapter President from San Diego on the email. Lee, the San Diego Secretary just replied to you above and since you are new to the VRA I would highly encourage you to talk with both Jim & Lee, and maybe make a trip or two down to visit with them and get first hand knowledge about how they do things.

The most difficult part of starting any chapter is finding a minimum of 3 other likeminded Vulcan riders to get you going. By likeminded I mean guys or gals you get along with, you all have a schedule that will mesh at least once a month, are all thinking along the same lines on where and what kind of rides would be good for a group since some people like to ride a long way, some not so much, others like to ride fast and hard (not a good thing in a new riding group) while other just want to cruise to a great lunch or destination and enjoy the riding and company.

Seems like finding 3 people like that would not be hard but in many cases it can be and can take some time. I have seen people post they want to start a chapter here on the forum and maybe make one post on Facebook in the National group they want to start a chapter and when there is not an immediate response they just quit. I have also seen people hang in there and they keep working to make some connections and friends until all the pieces fall into place.

Randy - aka racinfan101
      Central IL Chapter 1-39 President
      2024/25 National President

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cent...?ref=bookmarks
      2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for asking about starting a chapter. I'm Jesse the Non-Chapter Member President. Randy has sent you alot of info and some great suggestions. Good luck on your endeavor and ask any questions you may have.
        sigpic

Comment

Looking to start a chapter in Orange County California. We would cover la county also.

Comment

David since you are listed as Treasurer for the San Digeo Chapter have you moved north? Just checking Jim had not told us he had any officer changes. Assuming you have moved north and have been a chapter officer you probably have a pretty good idea of what is involved. You can read up and find a lot of information to fill in any gaps at this link - How to Start a VRA Chapter | Vulcan Riders Association | Good Friends.. Good Rides.. Good Times..​ and it is never a bad idea to read the VRA bylaws again - VRA Bylaws | Vulcan Riders Association | Good Friends.. Good Rides.. Good Times.. You will want to create a separate thread stating your intent to start a chapter, and I can send you a bit more information. ​
            Randy - aka racinfan101
            Central IL Chapter 1-39 President
            2024/25 National President

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cent...?ref=bookmarks
            2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

Randy, I have always lived north of San Diego and just rode down to meet the group. We have a lot of interest in Orange County and wanted to expand the VRA reach. I will create a separate thread, Thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X