Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interested in starting chapter Lawton Oklahoma is Christopher I'm 34

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interested in starting chapter Lawton Oklahoma is Christopher I'm 34

Hi everyone my name is Christopher I'm 34 I'm interested in starting a VRA chapter in Oklahoma there is none in my state if members here would help me get started and get me approved I believe I can continue to connect with Vulcan riders and bring more like minded people together and help expand

Hello Chris,

There is some information on the main site on how to go about starting one which you have probably read. We can send you some additional information this evening. The main thing is finding 4 other like minded people with a desire and some commitment to starting a group.
    Randy - aka racinfan101
    Central IL Chapter 1-39 President
    2024/25 National President

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cent...?ref=bookmarks
    2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

Hey Chris, I just start one about 3 months ago. It’s a lot of work but well worth it. Good luck in getting it started, let me know how I can help.

Comment

Hi Chris, I'm the Non-Chapter Member President. Like leadfoot said, if you have any questions at all please don't hesitate to reach out. My name is Jesse and good luck on getting a chapter started.
        sigpic

Comment

On the website it said you would help me find members

Comment

Hey Chris we can post you are looking for people interested in being a part of a chapter in your area, and we can even create a Facebook group for you, but most take the initiative to begin the search themselves since you know your schedule, know your location, have an idea of what type of rides you would like to do (long, or short, or a mixture of both).

Finding members is the challenging part and in all my years only one time did someone make just a few posts and get a large number of interested people. Every other time it takes the person wishing to start a chapter some perseverance in seeking out people, building some relationships with people of a like mind that are willing to be a part of a riding group. I will send you some additional information to take a look at, it will not be a whole lot more that what you have already looked at, but if you make initial steps at finding members, we can certainly do our part to help you continue to turn up some other Vulcan riders.
            Randy - aka racinfan101
            Central IL Chapter 1-39 President
            2024/25 National President

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cent...?ref=bookmarks
            2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

I'm also in Oklahoma, not in Lawton, but south of Tulsa.

Comment

Check out local rally and riding groups. Be seen and be proactive. BE prepared to explain WHY, WHEN, WHERE, HOW to folks. Make sure you can show posts of past VRA Rallies and the VRA Facebook page to assist in your presentation. Keep a look out on all the other FB pages and groups that are Vulcan Related. REMEMBER: The Drifter is also a Vulcan. Rode all over OK, KS, TX, NM MO when I was stationed at Sill. Be safe, ask away.
                President Chapter 1-4
                Phoenix Valley Vulcan Riders
                svdawntreader@gmail.com
                (360) 451-3072
                2003 Vulcan Drifter 1500
                2016 Vulcan Vaquero

Comment

Working...
                X