Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crappy Kawasaki Bikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Crappy Kawasaki Bikes

Another great mind Bear. I've also owned two Nomads and still consider them one of the best bikes sold. Has everything a bike should, great price, low maintenance and long lived.
    Of course, a lot of high speed miles wore out the cam chains on my 03 Nomad in 42,000 miles. Traded it in on the 05 Concours.

Comment

Dang Fly, you almost had me worried for a minute there !!! Harleys actually are okay except when I have to ride behind them and dodge parts falling off !!!!!!

Comment

The great thing for biking is that all bikes these days are very good, with few really bad mechanical problems. There are a couple of Harley bikes that I'd love to own, except for the price.

Comment

I'd love to have a street glide HD, but for 23k to start I'll take the vaquero with the 21" front wheel converstion, and some nice pipes and spend the rest on gas to get me down the road, lol
          Scottyg09900C 2009 Vulcan 900 Custom
          sigpic
          DENVER VULCAN RIDERS

Comment

After finding that the speed sensor mounted on the wheel was the problem, and I could only find a 1500 Classic sensor, ordered that on Ebay.

Outside looks the same, but center shaft is about 1/4" longer, so no work. Took the old unit apart and everything is there. However 88 K of wear has allowed the gear to slip down far enough to not engage speedo cable. As soon as I cool down and dry out from sweating in the outside heat, off to find type of hard metal washer to put there and make it work. I refuse to pay Kaw's inflated prices for parts.

So, if anyone needs this wheel mounted sensor from a 1500 Classic, it's $17 which is what it costs me, and I'll ship it for nothing.

Update, reamed out and ground off the edges of steel washer to fit as a shim for the speedo sender, bolted back on and works. Don't really know for how long, so will continue to search for one on ebay.
            Last edited by ; 07-25-2011, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X