Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My V2K is like Rodney Dangerfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My V2K is like Rodney Dangerfield

I think a some of it is "hey look at me, I ride a Harley". Some think it's more special to be looked at than ride. Non riders for the most part don't know a Harley from a V twin metric. I get complimented frequently on how nice my "Harley" looks. Surprise, it's not a Harley. I even got the same when I had my Yamaha V Star. Anyway it is humorous when this happens.
    Albie Salsburg (1700 Rider)
    2009 Vulcan Voyager
    V&H Slipons
    Thunder MFG Air Kit
    "Ivan's Re-Flash"

Comment

Already said my peace, but I couldn't agree more. I know a fella who had a nice Yamaha 1100. He had to strip it, de-badge it, and get Rat Finks painted on it. Well, okay. Guess that it his thing. It was a nice bike until he righteously $#@%$ it up. Soon after all this work including a complete paint job and dumping useless chrome bling into it, he traded it for a Harley.

Two (count 'em - 2) months later he traded that one in for a bigger Harley. He told me the financial aspects of the deal. It was hilarious. Not to mention, insane. I could get another Camaro for what he is paying for this bike.

Anyhow, not long after all that someone is rapping loudly on my office window. I look up and of course, it is him. He is making a fist and motioning for me to take a closer look at the big, giant ring he is wearing. "Harley Davidson" in giant letters embossed on the brass ring with a big glass stone in the center. Woo

Think he paid too much for it or what?

I swear half of them buy these bikes just so they can wear the t-shirts, rings, and 16,476 other over-priced and mostly useless items that have HD written on them.
      Christian - Vermont -
      sigpic
      "Watch out, you might get what you're after."

Comment

Harleyaphiles. If you took a dump and put the HD bar and shield on it, they would pay $100.00 for it.

Which brings me to another point. Kawasaki should offer more Vulcan gear. I would buy more t-shirts if they were available.
        Fish
        Experience: That most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.

Comment

Oh yes we all know those kinds! LOL! In their defense after being at the Rally with fellow Vulcan owners I confess it is nice to be a part of the crowd with a common love and loyalty for a certain make so I kind of get why the peer preasure gets to so many, they want to be part of the crowd that you can find everywhere. That said makes me even more proud to be one of the minority now after meeting and making friends with so many of my fellow minority members

Originally posted by kipfire View Post

Already said my peace, but I couldn't agree more. I know a fella who had a nice Yamaha 1100. He had to strip it, de-badge it, and get Rat Finks painted on it. Well, okay. Guess that it his thing. It was a nice bike until he righteously $#@%$ it up. Soon after all this work including a complete paint job and dumping useless chrome bling into it, he traded it for a Harley.

Two (count 'em - 2) months later he traded that one in for a bigger Harley. He told me the financial aspects of the deal. It was hilarious. Not to mention, insane. I could get another Camaro for what he is paying for this bike.

Anyhow, not long after all that someone is rapping loudly on my office window. I look up and of course, it is him. He is making a fist and motioning for me to take a closer look at the big, giant ring he is wearing. "Harley Davidson" in giant letters embossed on the brass ring with a big glass stone in the center. Woo

Think he paid too much for it or what?

I swear half of them buy these bikes just so they can wear the t-shirts, rings, and 16,476 other over-priced and mostly useless items that have HD written on them.
          Randy - aka racinfan101
          Central IL Chapter 1-39 President
          2024/25 National President

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cent...?ref=bookmarks
          2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

Once again I am in complete agreement, Racinfan. No problem with anyone proud of their ride. I too like being different and in the minority.

Hey Fishgoblue. There is a web site called Cafe Press. They have a bunch of Kawasaki shirts and what-not. Usually you have to wade thru all the Star Trek Vulcan hoodies and shirts too but if you are looking for some stuff like that, you might want to check them out.
            Christian - Vermont -
            sigpic
            "Watch out, you might get what you're after."

Comment

http://http://www.cafepress.ca/mf/59...-vulcan_tshirt
              Here is one
              sigpic
              Member of VRA Canada
              Member of CMC 075 Huron
              http://vracanada.prophpbb.com/
              http://ride.canadianmotorcyclecruisers.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by kipfire View Post
                Once again I am in complete agreement, Racinfan. No problem with anyone proud of their ride. I too like being different and in the minority.

Hey Fishgoblue. There is a web site called Cafe Press. They have a bunch of Kawasaki shirts and what-not. Usually you have to wade thru all the Star Trek Vulcan hoodies and shirts too but if you are looking for some stuff like that, you might want to check them out.
                lots of stuff on that site
                sigpic
                Member of VRA Canada
                Member of CMC 075 Huron
                http://vracanada.prophpbb.com/
                http://ride.canadianmotorcyclecruisers.ca/

Comment

I agree with all you guys, I get told quite often that I should have gotten a Harley. Most people I ride with don't seem to mind. I have a brother with a Dyna and we are looking forward to riding together when I get home. I ride with sport bikes too, used to have one. I think the funniest one I heard so far was one day when I was fueling up I had a guy come up to me and compliment my bike, then say "I could never ride one of those Kawasakis" I let him know that he just complimented one that that kept him quite. At least till he decided to change his story to sportbikes. I love my Vulcan and as much as I wanted a Harley before I got it, I am now finding myself just looking at bigger Vulcans for when I have the money to upgrade.
                  Jerrod Miller
                  2009 Vulcan Classic LT

Comment

To be honest, when I was looking for a cruiser in 2006....the first place I went was harley. I wanted a road king bad, I priced it out with all the options I wanted....it was something like 22,000. I couldn't afford it. So I started looking at my other options, a friend of mine had a 95 vulcan 1500 classic, 4 speed tranny...lol...i liked his bike, it was done up nice...chrome accents , nice pipes, custom paint, so I went to the kawi, honda, suzuki mega dealer by me. After sitting on a few different models, and test driving some, I narrowed it down to the vtx 1800 and the v2k. I went with the v2k, and I got it for 12,500 cash out the door... Practically half the price of the road king, for twice the bike.
                    2006 Vulcan 2000 classic

if life gets shitty....i'll pull the pin and see whats next!

Comment

Oh yeah, that friend with the vulcan, sold his bike about 2 months later, and bought a harley .
                      2006 Vulcan 2000 classic

if life gets shitty....i'll pull the pin and see whats next!

Comment

Thanks Kip and Aquar, I'll check it out.
                        Fish
                        Experience: That most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.

Comment

For whatever reason, mine gets mistaken for a Harley more often than anything else. Nobody seems to know WHAT it is. Of course, it's debadged, but it says Vulcan right on the dog bowls. I frankly enjoy the attention and the shock factor when I tell 'em it's a "Jap bike"!!! And then I usually ask if they wanna race. YOU LOSE, SUCKA!!!!!!
                          sigpic
                          Tim Dull II
                          President, Chapter 1-17, Laurel Highlands VRA www.lhvra.org

Comment

Tim I watched one of the Mean Streak guys pull out on the hwy and romp on the throttle when I was at the Rally, that sucker was Gone!!!!!!!!!!! I looked at one of the guys standing there with me and said you know if it was a Harley I would a called him an asshole but since it was a Vulcan all I can say is COOL!!!!! Does that make me a hypocrite? Wait don't answer that!
                            Randy - aka racinfan101
                            Central IL Chapter 1-39 President
                            2024/25 National President

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cent...?ref=bookmarks
                            2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

I was raised in a kawasaki ,BMW shop
                              So owning a HD just wont fly in my family
                              Unless I hit the lottery I can't afford a Beamer
                              So I will just stick with team green
                              My bike is all custom and its all mine
                              I have several friends who do custom work (mostly cars) But they know good work when they see it. have nothing but praise for it. so I could care less what some guy that buy's his sh*t of the showroom floor and out of catalogs thinks.
                              Don Myers
                              Springfield Mo

Comment

Working...
                              X