Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colorado Springs Newbie to cruisers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colorado Springs Newbie to cruisers

Welcome from the SC 1-50 Carolina Foothills VRA and fellow Guzzi fan!
    Non Chapter Member

Comment

Hi from west MI. I have to find [I hope my dad has it, and some day I will get it] a pic of my Grand Mom as a teen next to her BSA ? that the Royal Air Force had her ride with orders from the Command center to the air field in WW 1. Yes my grand parents came from England. I did not know this until after I got my 1st bike in 75' she gave me all kinds of heck over that and then Grand pa pulls the pic out and says " This is your grand mother and has no room to complain!" Who knew "grand Ma was a hot biker chick back then.!" she was pretty in her air force uniform. Grand pa was a lucky man back then. hahahaha...
      Glenn Gale, President 1-26

Comment

So it runs in your family too, Glenn? That's cool. I'd like to see that picture of your grandmother.

Twowheeladdict and BigD, these are for you:
        2010 V7 Classic

2012 Griso 8V SE

Oh yeah, I'm happy!
        '01 TTR125L, '01 plated WR426, '00 Super Sherpa, '81 KM100, '80 SR500, '78 XS650, '06 DL650, '10 MG V7 Classic, '12 MG Griso 8V SE, '12 VN1700 Nomad
        sigpic-John

Comment

Sweet - almost bought a California Touring model - maybe one day - great pics!
          Non Chapter Member

Comment

When I traded in my XV920R (Virago engine & oil-bath enclosed chain instead of shaft) for the Vstrom 1000, I was expecting an engine with grunt like the 920's but more of it. The Vstrom made a lot more power but the grunt factor wasn't quite the same. The Guzzis got me there. The Nomad is great and I love the way it so easily rolls into a lean. It would be nice if it had more leaning clearance. The Griso seems to want to stand up so I have to hold it into a lean but with more power and less weight than the Nomad it is definitely more fun.
            '01 TTR125L, '01 plated WR426, '00 Super Sherpa, '81 KM100, '80 SR500, '78 XS650, '06 DL650, '10 MG V7 Classic, '12 MG Griso 8V SE, '12 VN1700 Nomad
            sigpic-John

Comment

That color Griso is my favorite bike. I would like one sitting in my sunroom.

Here is a better photo of my Café Classic.

I would love to find this fairing for it, but I think I missed the window of opportunity.
              '18 Road Glide Special, '18 Moto Guzzi V7III Carbon, '75 KT250 Trials.

Comment

That fairing is very cool.

To emphasize the fun factor of my V7, I farkled it thusly:
                I had a straight bike horn facing forward on the bars but at freeway speed the bulb wouldn't stay on.

I figure it doesn't do to take oneself too seriously.
                John
                Last edited by AncientMariner; 01-10-2015, 08:37 PM. Reason: explaining the horn arrangement
                sigpic-John

Comment

Working...
                X