Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Forum Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Forum Member

Hello Everyone,

A new forum member here. I ride a 2004 Nomad 1500, 30K miles, purchased new in '03. Also own a Hayabusa but my wife doesn't ride on that one!!! Looking forward to visiting often.
    Attached Files

Re: New Forum Member

Hi Poppy,

Just wanted to take a minute and welcome you to the VRA...please take a few minutes and get used to the site. As you can see, there is an Open Forum Area that has Open Forum/Tech Talk/New Member and Test Area etc, and there is also a Chapter Specific Forum area...Lots of information is available here, and if you cant find an answer-just ask

Right now, Florida has 2-Chapters...one centered on Lakeland, and the other in NW Florida centered on Crestview..

If you're interested in joining or starting a Vulcan riding club in your area, post a message here.

and be sure to use this handy link:
    How to Find Riders In Your Area

If you are interested in starting a Chapter, all you have to do is holler, there are alot of good folks hear willing to help get as Chapter started

Again, Welcome to the Group!
    Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
    Bullock
    Former VRA USA National President
    Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
    Crestview, Florida
    2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
    (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. I have a question re: your chapter. What do you think is the longest distance of a given chapter member. Basically, what is the distance a willing member currently travels to participate in your chapter activities? I have thought about a new club and realize out of xx amount of members, only x% will be active, but I never thought about the distance to try and recruit. Any information is appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy View Post
        Thanks for the welcome. I have a question re: your chapter. What do you think is the longest distance of a given chapter member. Basically, what is the distance a willing member currently travels to participate in your chapter activities? I have thought about a new club and realize out of xx amount of members, only x% will be active, but I never thought about the distance to try and recruit. Any information is appreciated!
        I think if you ask many areas, they would say 60 Miles...i believe this is probably a good number too. Distance is definitely a factor when considering rides and such. What could be a local ride for our Panama City folks, is a DAY ride for one of our members that resides in Citronelle AL...we try to scatter our rides east to west to ensure no single person or group is always riding a hundred miles just to get TO the hookup point.

Hope that helps
        Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
        Bullock
        Former VRA USA National President
        Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
        Crestview, Florida
        2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
        (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

I used a map and made a 60 mile diameter circle, using Harrisburg as the center. I figured, in that way, nobody would have more than 1/2 hour or 45 minutes to meet in the middle. The next thing I did was to check the Kaw website to see what kaw dealerships were contained inside that circle. I used them to hang posters and get things rolling. Enlist their help as much as you can since they have the best immediate contact with other Vulcan owners / riders in the area. Good luck! Get another new chapter rolling!
          Only a biker understands why a dog hangs its head out of the car window!

VRA membership is free! Pass the word! Have all the say as before but at no cost! What a great plan.

Comment

Thanks for the information and suggestions. I did a search on VROC for a 30 mile distance and came up with 68 members. Not all were recent updates though. If I try a 60 mile distance, could be greater potential.....I'll be mulling all that over.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Poppy.

There are easily 5,000 Vulcan owners in Florida and VROC is just one of many sources. Rather than try to pinpoint riders within 50 miles of you, we came up with an easier way... On the page below, there is a video tutorial that shows you how to send a private message to hundreds of riders in Florida on a half-dozen Vulcan forums. Ask them if they're interested in joining a Vulcan riding club and provide them a link to the Florida thread on our forum - it's the central meet-up place for riders from all forums. As people post there, you'll see people from your area and you can connect. Once you have 4 people, we'll make you a website for your area and then you can invite people to join it. Voila.... instant chapter.

"How to Start a Chapter"
              "How to Find Members"

btw, it's not often I see someone who owns a Nomad AND a Hyabusa. Pretty cool. Do you do track days on the Busa or do you flip a quarter when you want to go for a putt...?
              John Featherlin
              Webmaster vulcanriders.us 2007-2016
              International Chapter Coordinator 2009-2016
              Forum Admin 2007-2016
              USA Chapter Coordinator 2007-2016
              National President 2007-2010
              National Vice President 2006
              National Secretary 2011-2012

Comment

Originally posted by Slicks View Post
                Welcome to the forum Poppy.

There are easily 5,000 Vulcan owners in Florida and VROC is just one of many sources. Rather than try to pinpoint riders within 50 miles of you, we came up with an easier way... On the page below, there is a video tutorial that shows you how to send a private message to hundreds of riders in Florida on a half-dozen Vulcan forums. Ask them if they're interested in joining a Vulcan riding club and provide them a link to the Florida thread on our forum - it's the central meet-up place for riders from all forums. As people post there, you'll see people from your area and you can connect. Once you have 4 people, we'll make you a website for your area and then you can invite people to join it. Voila.... instant chapter.

"How to Start a Chapter"
                "How to Find Members"

btw, it's not often I see someone who owns a Nomad AND a Hyabusa. Pretty cool. Do you do track days on the Busa or do you flip a quarter when you want to go for a putt...?
                Hey Slicks, Thanks for the welcome and the links. I have looked at the postings for club info and will be looking harder in the coming days.

As far as the two bikes, they are both great within their categories. I haven't done any track days since I don't own a good set of leathers. However, the Busa is an excellent commuter. I travel 54 miles round trip to work and I have gotten as high as 47 mpg on the Busa, about 40-42 on the Nomad. Of course that's driving them very conservative. Right now I only have garage room for one scooter so I have to rotate them at my storage unit.

Comment

hi all im butch and own a Vulcan 900 custom. lookin forward to meeting all of ya

Comment

Welcome from the SC 1-50 if we can help in any way, just holler!
                    Non Chapter Member

Comment

Thanks, will do

Comment

Thanks will do

Comment

Welcome Butch. Glad you found us. Hope you visit often.

Sent from beautiful Butler, PA using Tapatalk
                          Patty Martin
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X