Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from New York's Hudson Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hello from New York's Hudson Valley

I can feel you on that.I got my Voyager as my retirement gift. Retired 4/1/11 and wife went down on her bike out of action 4 monthes. With time in hospital and the home afterwards, all the duties around the house and some extreme heat days. I found it hard to get the 500 miles break in. Well 8/2/11 I had to have knee surgery and wife goes back to work on the 3rd. Four monthes and I dont have 1000 miles on the bike yet... Feeling u bro!!!!!
    "TheBigTaz"

Comment

Wow, Bigtaz, and here I am moaning about a little extra precip. Be well, Bro -- they do wonders with arthroscopic surgery these days so hopefully, the knee will be repaired and healthy enough for you to log some miles this fall on the retirement bike. Glad to hear about the Mrs. going back to work. Next will be back up on the bike! Then, ride safe and rack up the miles!
      Fred (Doc) Peck

"Who needs a GPS? I never get lost; folks are always telling me where to go!"

Comment

Doc Peck thanks for the shout out... Its almost as if the wife is on one side and I'm on the other trying to pull each other back up in the saddle.Now the major stuff is over now we can laugh about it. She ask if I want her start them or I. Too hear those bikes running makes me wanta ride. Today I went to a clubs annual pig roast. It wasn't bad because weather was calling for rain. Everyone show up in cars or trucks. One friend and I got to chatting about trailers. He says a number of people has them. And I told him its not like having your own. Wife and I has bikes, son going to take the class and daughter wants to get in on the action now. Not to mention trash removal,lawn work and anything the wife finds for me to do (honey do list).
        I'm sure you can feel me on that. So I truly feel this family needs its own trailer.
        Well Doc until next time burn rubber not your sole.
        The BigTaz
        "TheBigTaz"

Comment

Welcome to the sight, glad to see another Hudson Valley resident; Hope our trails cross one day.

Comment

I wouldn't mind riding down state to meet you guys.
            Albie Salsburg (1700 Rider)
            2009 Vulcan Voyager
            V&H Slipons
            Thunder MFG Air Kit
            "Ivan's Re-Flash"

Comment

1700 Rider, It would be nice to meet up and put some miles on the bikes,
              we could meet somewhere in the middle of the trek, that could save some time on the return trip, not that I mind putting time on the road. Hopefully Doc Peck and SD Willie or any one within reasonable distance would join in for the jaunt. As you know there are some nice roads down in this neck of the woods, I believe you and some other members were down in the Bethel area not to long ago. Let me know a day and time and maybe we can make this happen.

Comment

Ok Slow Rider, might be a few weeks though. Yep we were in Bethel July 23rd
                Albie Salsburg (1700 Rider)
                2009 Vulcan Voyager
                V&H Slipons
                Thunder MFG Air Kit
                "Ivan's Re-Flash"

Comment

Sorry for tne delayed reply -- I've been on the road (Maine) and out of wifi range until now. In any case, keep me in the loop -- I'll join you when plans come together. Slow -- I get up to Middletown for Renegade Classics' BBQ!s a couple of times each season.
                  Fred (Doc) Peck

Comment

Doc, I went to one of the bbq's a couple years ago, not sure when the next one is. I've been down around New City, Nanuet, and other parts of Rockland county on a few occasions, real nice ride along the river. I'll be keeping an ear out for Albie (1700 Rider), and others that may be planning on a "meet" ride.

Comment

Sounds good!
                      Fred (Doc) Peck

Comment

Working...
                      X