[vc_row padding_top=”0″ background_image=”0″][vc_column][vc_column_text]
- (Aug 1996 – VROC forum is created)
- Aug 1998 – “Odinn” (Jim Sloan), a member of “The Council of 11” in VROC, starts the VRA with Bruiser (Bruce Irwin) from Australia, and was active in spreading the VRA as a worldwide association from 1998-1999.
“Odinn” (Jim Sloan), USA
Co-Founder of the Association
1st AEC President
- 1998 – The Association Executive Committee (AEC) is created. The original AEC members include Odinn (USA), Bruiser (Australia), Hexonx (USA), Wrinkles (USA), Falconer (Holland), P’Nut (USA), Viking (Canada), and others.
- 1998 – Odinn is elected the first AEC President and Bruiser (Bruce Irwin), from Australia, is elected the first AEC Vice President.
- 1998 – Bruiser uses the bylaws from another bike club and changes them to fit the VRA.
- By the end of 1998, the following chapters have joined the association:1-1 Southeast VA
1-2 San Diego CA
1-3 Northern VA
1-4 Piedmont VA
1-5 Richmond VA
1-7 Montreal Quebec
1-8 Western Carolina
1-9 Western NY
1-10 Greater Midwest
1-11 Atlanta GA
61-1 Sydney Australia
- Apr 1999 – UK joins the VRA (Odinn and Falconer prompt Chief (Pete Ravenscroft) to start a chapter in the winter of 1998. The chapter becomes official at the Season Opener Bike Rally in Apr 1999).
- May 1999 – Odinn hits a deer and totals his 1500 Classic.
- Aug 1999 – Having no Vulcan, Odinn resigns as AEC President and leaves the VRA.
- Sep 1999 – Ty Lytle, from Oklahoma, is elected the 2nd International President. Falconer, from Holland, is elected the 2nd International Vice President.
- Feb 2000 – Falconer sells his Kawasaki and resigns as VP and from VRA.
- April 2000 – “Chief”, from the UK, is elected the 3rd International President and remains President until Oct. 2009.
“Chief” (Pete Ravenscroft), UK
3rd International President (2000 – 2009)
- Oct 24, 2004 – Holland VRA is established by Geert de Jonge and Ferry Schippers. In 2005, John “Mosselman” is elected as President.
- 2005 – Ferry Schippers initiates the 1st International VRA Rally. The VRA Chapters in Europe decide to make it an annual event – 2006 was Sweden, 2007 Belgium, 2008 Spain, etc…
- 2005 – Chief initiates the idea of having National Chapters because of the differences in laws and customs between the countries. Chief falls ill and Lorin Potter, the Non-Chapter Member President over 3,000 non-chapter members, completes the initiative.
“Fly” (Lorin Potter), USA
AEC Non-Chapter President
1st US National President
- 2006 – Belgium joins the VRA
- 2006 – Spain joins the VRA
- 2006 – Germany rejoins the VRA (Vulcaniers remain active)
- ???? – Norway joins the VRA
- ???? – Harold Murray (“The Wizard”), Chapter President of the Bangor 125ers, is elected as International Vice President.
- Oct 2009 – Lasse Lahn, from Sweden, is elected International President.
Badges (Graham Nicholls), from the UK, is elected International Vice President.
Lasse Lahn, Sweden
4th International President
- 2009 – VROC CZ joins the VRA
- 2011 – Serbia and Finland join the VRA
- Jan 11, 2012 – Vulcan Riders Mexico, Chapter #52, joins the VRA
- Jul 11, 2012 – Vulcan Riders Turkey, Chapter #90, is approved as a VRA Chapter. Mehmet Yarbasa is elected the first National President.
- July 11, 2012 – Vulcan Riders Brazil is approved as chapter #55. Rogério Castelo Branco is elected as the first National President.