VRA Chapter members have a number of options for wearing patches. While the standard VRA logo patch is recognized internationally as a symbol of membership in the VRA, chapter members can also wear custom patches to represent their individual chapter as shown below:
1. Single patch – official VRA logo
Official 4″ and 10″ patches can be purchased through the VRA. Through quantity discounts, the VRA can offer 4″ patches for $5.00 each and 10″ patches for $19.00 each. Click here for information on how to order.
2. Single patch – official VRA logo with custom outer ring:
NOTE: The VRA logo is trademarked and cannot be altered except as noted below.
Upon request, the National VRA will create a custom chapter patch with an outer ring around the standard logo. Contact the National President to request a custom patch for your chapter.
Custom patches with an outer ring must be ordered through a local vendor. Cost is usually around $9.00 each for a 4″ patch.
3. VRA patch + custom chapter patch
Chapters can design a custom patch to wear in addition to the standard VRA patch. Custom patches must be approved by the National VRA.
NOTE: Custom patches can be worn on the front of the vest but cannot be worn as a back patch.
MC Patches vs RC Patches
No chapter location bars, territory rockers, or anything giving the appearance of a rocker should be worn with the VRA patch.1
The type of patch somewhere wears indicates what type of club they belong to: 2
- A one-piece patch signifies a riding club, family club, AMA- sanctioned riding club or political action/biker rights organization.
- A three-piece patch signifies a “motorcycle club” or 1% club. 3-piece patches must be approved by the dominant motorcycle club in the state.